Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing

Whether you're buying or selling a website, our non-profit forums have very quickly established themselves as the only place to go for advice. We look forward to you joining us there whether you already run a successful web business or want to join the exciting world of making money from websites.

1. Results of The First Online Olympics - Flippa Infographics Style

by , 22 December 2011 at 2:48 pm (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    VIP Members are familiar with the interesting/heated discussion we're having in this thread about Flippa's blog post: State of the Website Economy: Which Niches Sell at a Premium? (Infographic)

Well, anyway, that seemed like a good format to present the results of the WORLD'S FIRST ONLINE OLYMPICS.

ep-olympics.jpg

This image may be reproduced if credit is given to this forum.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Giving prospective buyers access to your Google Analytics stats

by , 22 August 2011 at 3:27 pm (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    Had someone tell me the other day that he gave a prospective buyer his GA login details.

Saw a post in Sitepoint today that asks, "Is there any other way to provide access to Analytics than to give the username/password to the account?"

It's pretty basic stuff, but I thought I'd do a quick post to point out that you can give someone "guest" access to stats for a particular website instead of giving them your main GA login (where they get access ...
  3. Guest Posters Wanted For This Blog

by , 5 August 2011 at 8:44 am (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    Fancy having your own blog on this site?

It could be on anything likely to be of interest to our core visitors: making money online, marketing, selling and buying internet businesses and blogs, web development and programming, managing websites.... a wide range!

If you'd like a bio with a linkback to your site you'd need to commit to a regular weekly, fortnightly or monthly column. Otherwise you could post as rarely or as often as you wish.

If you fancy ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Top 5 Tips To Get the Most From Forums

by , 30 March 2011 at 2:15 pm (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    Forums can be a very powerful source of information, advice and contacts if you know how to tap to the rich seam of expertise and experience often found in them - and I'm surprised at just how often people don't know how to maximise the results they get. Whether you're looking for technical advice on using your iphone or due dilgence help on a business you're looking to buy, you can get free help that would cost you hundreds - or thousands - if you approached experts directly.

So ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Rule Changes at Flippa

by , 12 March 2011 at 4:29 pm (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    Quote Originally Posted by benitez17 View Post
    Yesterday, Flippa announced a fairly major rule change regarding listings in their marketplace concerning potential revenue claims and guarantees.

Of particular interest to me were the following:

"We’ve also added that claims to specific potential revenue or traffic numbers are expressly forbidden in listing titles."

"In the interests of buyer safety, buyer guarantees are no longer allowed on Flippa."

I wonder if all
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast