grynge

1. Going Well BUT

Not sure if anyone is following this saga, but at the moment I am under a non-disclosure committment until the product is in the market. So I can't go into much detail as I would like.

We met with a couple of companies and the meetings went well, but the initial pricing was way to high (we could have done it cheaper in Australia) I am not sure if that is because they didn't want the work or just wanted to make sure we had done some homework before hand? Though I must admit I find that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Alibaba and the Forty Scammers

Ok we posted the technical specifications under 3 separate accounts on Alibaba and within a few days we had a lot of responses. The majority of them wanted money up front before looking at anything hence the forty scammers in the title. When we pushed them for more details, processes, equipment being used, CAD drawings etc etc it quickly dawned that most were just after something for nothing. After sorting through all the trash we were left with 7 companies that we could quickly verify even existed. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. IP Protection

We have had a lot of talks about IP Protection, namely a patent, but Crabfoot, gave me a great idea rather than a Patent we can Register a Design.

Why not go the whole hog and register the patent, well I think the following reasons might suffice.

It is cheaper to register a design
    It is much simpler to register a design
    It will allow us (in countries where you can register the design) to place restraining orders (or their equivalent) on any companies trying ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A small update

We spoke with Austrade this morning and they really didn't want to know about us. They only deal with exporters was their line, and basically told us we should do it in Australia and export it to the world lol. The Chamber of commerce wasn't much better though they did give us a contact with a company that sources this kind of information. We contacted that company only to be told that it would cost between $5,000 and $10,000 AUD to be put in touch with 3 companies that may or may not be able to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. What to do next

So with all those questions what do I do next?

I started by doing some research, I found a lot of people do get manufacturing in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand and India. Seeing as I am heading off to Thailand for my holiday it seems like I will be checking out China, Hong Kong and Thailand for some manufacturers. I looked into China and a couple of close provinces do a lot of manufacturing, basically Shenzhen (right next door to Hong Kong) and Dongguan, Guangzhou (old name Canton) ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast