Buying, Managing & Selling Websites For Profit - Learn the Real Tricks of the Trade

Running an internet business frees you from the shackles of the office and the clock - from site flipping to buying established online businesses, there are a lot of misconceptions about. Having been in the business for a while now, I'm here to talk about various strategies that can be applied to build a profitable business, provide insight into the industry and from time to time give away some of my best secrets. I'll do regular analyses of public sales of web businesses to help you see what works (and what doesn't). I want it to be a two-way process - so as I write the blog, feel free to comment and share your thoughts (good and bad!)

All opinions expressed in here are my own.

1. Why You Shouldn’t Publicly Reveal All Details About Your Business On Flippa

by , 8 September 2010 at 7:19 pm (Buying, Managing & Selling Websites For Profit - Learn the Real Tricks of the Trade)
    I spend a lot of time browsing various marketplaces looking for ideas for my current businesses and also potential new businesses. The nature of operating on the web is that the majority of markets have low barriers to entry and are easy to enter and replicate and existing successful business. A process often used by engineers to work out how unfamiliar technology works is often known as “reverse engineering”. The same thought process can be applied to web businesses and can be used by savvy marketers ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Dreaded “S” Word – Internet Marketing’s Biggest Cliché

by , 20 August 2010 at 4:48 am (Buying, Managing & Selling Websites For Profit - Learn the Real Tricks of the Trade)
    Saturation. Probably the most over-used word in our industry and used by many naysayers to scare people away from profitable niches and business opportunities.

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve had potential customers of my info-products come to me and ask “can this be saturated?” My answer is always no. Some may disagree with me, but for 99.9% of individuals, any decent sized market has plenty of room for them to earn a decent amount monthly. Only for large corporations
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Build a sustainable article marketing business whilst "flipping" sites

by , 28 July 2010 at 3:30 pm (Buying, Managing & Selling Websites For Profit - Learn the Real Tricks of the Trade)
    One of my main focuses when I advise people who are interested in flipping sites is that it is important to build a business rather than just make some fast cash. Most people will complain that it is too hard to setup a “business” but in reality it is really rather simple. I’m not talking about registering a company, I’m talking about building something sustainable that won’t be affected by market trends. Find an evergreen market and something that will ALWAYS be in demand. This should also be your ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Offline Flipping - My New Project

by , 19 July 2010 at 8:46 pm (Buying, Managing & Selling Websites For Profit - Learn the Real Tricks of the Trade)
    In recent months there have been numerous articles talking about the so-called decline of site flipping. As I’ve mentioned before, I don’t believe this is true, I feel the goal posts have just shifted. While I was at University I ran my business part time and found that sticking to one or two revenue streams was more manageable and gave me enough time to “study” (drink). Now I’ve graduated I decided it was time to step up a gear and take my businesses and income to a new, higher level. I’ve started ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Playing Devil’s Advocate: How to be Profitable Flipping Turnkey Sites

by , 10 July 2010 at 4:59 pm (Buying, Managing & Selling Websites For Profit - Learn the Real Tricks of the Trade)
    Today I will be playing Devil’s Advocate and outlining a quick way I used to use to raise cash in the short-term. In last week’s article I discussed the economics behind turnkey flipping, and why it is not always as profitable as it seems (or is implied when people teach it).

When I first started with site flipping I used to play around with some very cheap sites (I would buy them for $10-20 and find ways to make them profitable WITHOUT making any improvements). Generally there are ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast