All Blog Entries

1. Time to step back and take a good look...

by , 22 April 2011 at 10:20 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    In case the subject line wasn't clue enough, I'm still in a bit of a "holding pattern" for this web site. Why? What is it I want or expect from this site that I'm not getting?

One copywriter I've learned a lot from, Ted Nicholas, advises, "Write your sales page BEFORE you create the product." I've always thought that was good advice - though a bit harder to do when writing copy for a client. Why is this good advice?

Because instead of writing a sales ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Starting the Cold Engine...

by , 15 April 2011 at 6:53 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    After taking last week off, much of this week was spent trying to catch up. Actually I got a lot done, but it was mostly just maintenance stuff.

All in all it's been a quiet week on the front lines.

Before I took off, I saw a [URL="http://experienced-people.net/forums/showthread.php/2986-Proven-methods-of-price-negotiation-what-s-yours/page3"]post[/URL] where someone else referenced Pawn Stars, a show I suggested to pick up some pointers about negotiating. Funny ...

Updated 15 April 2011 at 7:14 am by Andy (P.S. added)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Slowing down and taking off...

by , 1 April 2011 at 1:14 pm (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    Unless something major happens, there won't be a post next week as I'm taking the week off.

This week I mostly dealt with customer service and maintenance issues. We are still experiencing some file server problems. Note this is not with my host, but a third party file server. At this point, I'm not sure going this route was worth the effort but it will have to do for now.

There seemed to be more customer service stuff than usual this week. I don't mind that at all as I've ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Top 5 Tips To Get the Most From Forums

by , 30 March 2011 at 3:15 pm (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    Forums can be a very powerful source of information, advice and contacts if you know how to tap to the rich seam of expertise and experience often found in them - and I'm surprised at just how often people don't know how to maximise the results they get. Whether you're looking for technical advice on using your iphone or due dilgence help on a business you're looking to buy, you can get free help that would cost you hundreds - or thousands - if you approached experts directly.

So ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Am I losing interest?

by , 25 March 2011 at 10:42 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    I"m beginning to wonder. Earlier this week I uploaded some new training videos. They weren't working.

I emailed support for the member site script. They suggested something vaguely relevant which did not work. After thinking about it, I realize the videos WERE working before so I could not see how it could be a problem with the member script. It's more like a hosting problem.

I finally got around to chatting with my hosting support. They had to escalate the problem. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized