All Blog Entries

1. Predictions of the end...

by , 18 March 2011 at 11:43 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    Not much to report this week. Got the site updated finally. I've been worried about getting complaints due to the fact that I'm not adding as much product as was added before but so far so good.

Meanwhile I'm trying to add some more "how to" stuff to the site.

And I'm getting ready to publish my third issue of the ezine I started to promote the site. I have not heavily promoted the ezine yet as I wanted to get some issues. Something about a "new" publication ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Rule Changes at Flippa

by , 12 March 2011 at 3:29 pm (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    Quote Originally Posted by benitez17 View Post
    Yesterday, Flippa announced a fairly major rule change regarding listings in their marketplace concerning potential revenue claims and guarantees.

Of particular interest to me were the following:

"We’ve also added that claims to specific potential revenue or traffic numbers are expressly forbidden in listing titles."

"In the interests of buyer safety, buyer guarantees are no longer allowed on Flippa."

I wonder if all
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Diverted and...

by , 11 March 2011 at 8:53 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    Well first off, I got wrapped up in a couple of other projects so I didn't devote as much time as I would like on the site. Still don't have much in the way of a new marketing plan... at least on paper.

Meanwhile, I found out my file server dumped a number of my files. I spent a great deal of time hammering that out. The gist of it is it looks like most of the providers for this new "cloud" technology don't have the bugs worked out. Meanwhile, if I make any substantial changes, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Protecting a site under a DDOS attack - dealing with a DDOS

by , 7 March 2011 at 2:06 pm (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    As you may know our site was attacked about three months ago. It was covered in this thread and this one.

I've been meaning to share with you what I learned, but never got around to it. Today, acorndomains is under attack, their admin has contacted me and we're chatting privately about this.

I thought it's about time I put this post together.

First, for those of you who don't know what a Distributed Denial of Service attack is - it's very simple: when ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Short and well, short...

by , 4 March 2011 at 8:00 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    The good news here is I'm experiencing enough strange weeks they are becoming the norm. The short of it this week is not much got done.

I'm regrouping on my marketing strategy once again. At this point it's time to reevaluate what I'm doing and decide on a course of action.

Also this week, I'm continuing reviewing products for the site - my new dedication to quality is taking it's toll as it simply takes longer to do everything.

All told, it's been a bit of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized