All Blog Entries

1. Transparency and privacy big in the news recently

by , 13 April 2012 at 6:47 am (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    You may have heard that Facebook has been forced to disclose more data to users. There is fresh controversy about Google violating privacy and the EU is taking action.

The FTC meanwhile is not happy with apps and how they treat privacy.

You reckon more protection for consumers is on the way?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. People Don't see Value In Free Stuff

We all view the world through different windows. Pardon the biblical inferences, but "we see through a glass, darkly" and what we infer from what we see is coloured by our previous experiences.

I doubt if there is anyone on E-P that hasn't bought some disappointing info product at one time or another. I bought one last week from somebody called Riz Nicholas, and I can only say that he is a sad b'stard if he thinks his "target turkeys" could benefit from his ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Is there a huge drop in sales of websites at marketplaces like Flippa?

by , 3 April 2012 at 8:37 am (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    I've been doing some investigative journalism today and digging out Flippa's published figures. They regularly publish figures of dollar value of sales that went through their site. I don't believe those figures as not every site that claimed to have sold actually goes on to change hands what with all the non-paying bidders etc. And I'm not sure if some of them are counted twice when they are relisted. But these are the only public figures available, so let's look at them.

From
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Alibaba and the Forty Scammers

Ok we posted the technical specifications under 3 separate accounts on Alibaba and within a few days we had a lot of responses. The majority of them wanted money up front before looking at anything hence the forty scammers in the title. When we pushed them for more details, processes, equipment being used, CAD drawings etc etc it quickly dawned that most were just after something for nothing. After sorting through all the trash we were left with 7 companies that we could quickly verify even existed. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. IP Protection

We have had a lot of talks about IP Protection, namely a patent, but Crabfoot, gave me a great idea rather than a Patent we can Register a Design.

Why not go the whole hog and register the patent, well I think the following reasons might suffice.

It is cheaper to register a design
    It is much simpler to register a design
    It will allow us (in countries where you can register the design) to place restraining orders (or their equivalent) on any companies trying ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized