All Blog Entries

1. A small update

We spoke with Austrade this morning and they really didn't want to know about us. They only deal with exporters was their line, and basically told us we should do it in Australia and export it to the world lol. The Chamber of commerce wasn't much better though they did give us a contact with a company that sources this kind of information. We contacted that company only to be told that it would cost between $5,000 and $10,000 AUD to be put in touch with 3 companies that may or may not be able to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Another tyro experiment in page promotion

Although I've been running web sites for more than a decade, none has ever done any more than pay for its hosting (if you discount an e-commerce site, whose success is down to the man who runs the business). A bit belatedly, I'm trying to learn to do nothing without an eye on its effect on the traffic I get.

Now, when an idea for a blog post enters my head, I check for high-paying, low-competition keywords and adjust the subject and its title accordingly.

Yesterday, ...

Updated 12 February 2012 at 10:00 am by Chabrenas (typo in title)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. What to do next

So with all those questions what do I do next?

I started by doing some research, I found a lot of people do get manufacturing in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand and India. Seeing as I am heading off to Thailand for my holiday it seems like I will be checking out China, Hong Kong and Thailand for some manufacturers. I looked into China and a couple of close provinces do a lot of manufacturing, basically Shenzhen (right next door to Hong Kong) and Dongguan, Guangzhou (old name Canton) ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. An experiment in buying traffic to kick-start a new website.

I created the site 101medicine.org to target keyphrases in the US Health niche. It consists of a WP Page for each of the primary keywords, WP Posts on the same site for longer tail phrases, and a Facebook Page to attract visitors via that social network.

Since I had neither sites nor existing forum memberships in the niche, I decided to try buying an initial burst of traffic in the hope that some of it would stick. I found a site offering 10,000 UVs over a period of 30 days for US$12, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My trials and tribulations of getting an invention to market

I'm not much of a blogger or writer for that fact, so you will have to excuse my writing, I have been searching high and low for information on how to get an invention to market, and have found none.

So here begins my journey.

A little background information.

A good friend of mine invented a simple product, that they believe could sell to every truck owner in the world. There is nothing like it in the world and from trials the truck owners absolutley love ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized