All Blog Entries

1. Keywords that pay!

My panda-chewed aff sites haven't made tuppence since November 2011, so I'm working on ways to resurrect them. I've decided to just treat them as aged domains without a bad history, and throw sites on them as fast as I can.

At the moment, I'm just writing relevant articles to try and get the kudos back. If they start showing some of their former traffic, I'll be looking at monetizing them. But it occurs to me that I've been away from this stage of site generation for too long, and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My arsenal of tools

[QUOTE=golles;22610]Hi

I though it may be worth a quick post to share some of the tools we have built up over our time on the internet. Focused on website / domain investment. I have been earning a living on the web through one form or another since 2002 and many of these tools have been found along the way. I know when I was starting out the lack of tools was a hindrance so I hope this list helps those on the early part of their web career as I sure the seasoned professionals have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Results of The First Online Olympics - Flippa Infographics Style

by , 22 December 2011 at 1:48 pm (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    VIP Members are familiar with the interesting/heated discussion we're having in this thread about Flippa's blog post: State of the Website Economy: Which Niches Sell at a Premium? (Infographic)

Well, anyway, that seemed like a good format to present the results of the WORLD'S FIRST ONLINE OLYMPICS.

ep-olympics.jpg

This image may be reproduced if credit is given to this forum.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Searching For Clues

KenW3 recently commented (how to get access ) newcomers don't ask the right questions - they can't, because they have no idea where they are on the road to progress. This blog post hopes to help you find some answers for yourself.

On Experienced People, it is common to find that someone has made a reference to a site or technique without explicitly linking to a web page on the subject. This may be because the link out would be seen as an endorsement, or because they want to set the ...
    Tags: noob search
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Everest Theory

Where to start with site building?

If you start with the idea that you just have to put up a site, then target products that you think will sell from aff programs, you are not going to succeed. That is where I tried to start. What I learned from that is the "Everest Theory" - you can have the best site in the world on your subject, but if you don't learn to promote traffic to the site you might as well have built it 20,000 ft up on Mount Everest - there is not a lot of passing ...
    Tags: noob start
    Categories
    Uncategorized