All Blog Entries

1. Giving prospective buyers access to your Google Analytics stats

by , 22 August 2011 at 3:27 pm (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    Had someone tell me the other day that he gave a prospective buyer his GA login details.

Saw a post in Sitepoint today that asks, "Is there any other way to provide access to Analytics than to give the username/password to the account?"

It's pretty basic stuff, but I thought I'd do a quick post to point out that you can give someone "guest" access to stats for a particular website instead of giving them your main GA login (where they get access ...
  2. Is it easy to be a Plan B person?

Yeah, some people seem to think so. It's just a case of packing your bag and flying off into the sunset.

Think again!

You will have to deal with all kinds of red tape and the fact that there are no safety nets out there for you. If you end up penniless in, say, Cambodia no one will help you. You can't go crying to the government for benefits. And you must be crazy if you think you'll get help from your Embassy. That's not what they're there for.

Mostly Embassies ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Introducing Plan B

Those who already know me will know that I'm a bit of a foodie, but don't worry - Plan B is not some new fad about diet and weight loss. It's about throwing off the shackles and living your own life the way you want to live it. It's about saying goodbye to the day job and making your own way in the world.

Some of this will be my own personal story. Some of it will be discussion and practical advice about being a Plan B person. Things will evolve, I'm sure, but to start with ...
  4. Guest Posters Wanted For This Blog

by , 5 August 2011 at 8:44 am (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    Fancy having your own blog on this site?

It could be on anything likely to be of interest to our core visitors: making money online, marketing, selling and buying internet businesses and blogs, web development and programming, managing websites.... a wide range!

If you'd like a bio with a linkback to your site you'd need to commit to a regular weekly, fortnightly or monthly column. Otherwise you could post as rarely or as often as you wish.

If you fancy ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Now What?

by , 8 July 2011 at 11:14 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    Well, nothing I guess. The site is no longer open to new members. At some point I need to get a few more products online and I'm done.

I also plan on moving everything to another hosting account. I don't relish that but I need to downsize.

If you have unanswered questions, please feel free to ask. If I don't answer you here, then try the forum The forum is one of the best forums on the Internet. It's frequented by a number of people who know a whole lot more than I do. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized