All Blog Entries

1. Ch-ch-changes

by , 27 May 2011 at 9:48 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    It's been interesting this week to say the least.

Once again, after spending a significant amount of time updating things, my file server wanted to play dead. The ONLY thing keeping me from moving everything to one host with lots of space and bandwidth is... moving.

Ironically, that is one of the main reasons I want with an offsite file server - so I could remain flexible. The reality is I'm not nearly as flexible as I'd like to be because I have a bunch of files on each ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The downside of buying a website...

by , 20 May 2011 at 8:35 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    If you've been reading the past few weeks, you can probably see I'm running out of steam - or at least enthusiasm for this website. There are a few factors involved. Many of these should be useful to you.

1) Things are not what they seem. How often is this true? In the industry this site is in - things look a lot better from the outside. While I've been involved in using and offering this type of product for years, only recently have I taken a good hard look at them - both up close ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Limbo

by , 13 May 2011 at 10:50 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    I'm not sure I think that's some murky state of existence - at least that is the idea I want to convey about the site these days. So much going on I haven't had much time at all to spend on it. That is certainly one of the problems a site like this presents. I can kind of ignore it a bit now and then but even if I get away with it, I feel guilty. And I'm not even Catholic!

Meanwhile, I had another idea the other day for a piece from Rick and the gang from Pawn Stars.

Profit. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Holding pattern...

by , 6 May 2011 at 1:02 pm (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    This week was rather quiet for as fast as it went. I did get some work done on new products to upload to the site but that's about it.

I've had occasion to use some of the products I've got in inventory for my own purposes. One thing I can say is this experience taught me a lot. It's not that this is new to me at all but I was able to see things through someone else's eyes and the view is quite different.

One think I've learned is the stench principle. I'm told that if ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Sometimes life just seems to interrupt good intentions

by , 29 April 2011 at 11:04 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    Or something like that.

Went to visit the in-laws over Easter weekend and it seems like I'm still catching up. So much for seriously deep reflection.

Next week I expect I'll get back to updating the site but I'm all but ready to give up on the idea of sorting though all of inventory that keeps piling up. I'm torn about this because I do like evaluating the products but it takes so much time. Meanwhile I just downloaded another boatload of stuff.

That's it for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized