Recent Blogs Posts

1. Three Types of Flippa Listings to Stay Away From

Reading the forum threads here has really opened my eyes to the nefarious ways of certain website sellers. But it's not a black-and-white world as there are lots of listings that are grey-area & kind of shady. While some website for sale listings are outright fraudulent, others are somewhat dishonest, and others are merely deceptive. I want to briefly touch on 3 such websites, all sold on Flippa in this post.

[B]Deliberately Deceptive Flippa Listings
    [/B]
    [URL]http://experienced-people.net/forums/showthread.php/10866-Obvious-Flippa-scam[/URL] ...

Updated 16 February 2013 at 9:45 pm by gzed

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. How Reading the News Can Save You or Make You Thousands of Dollars

by , 14 June 2010 at 6:44 am (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    There are opportunities I've been able to profit from (or avoid losing money on) purely because I keep fairly up-to-date on webmaster news and buzz. I consider being news aware as critical to due diligence. It's also important tool for website sellers too, providing opportunities to sell at the right time or realise a higher price.

For example, a site listed for sale that got most of its traffic from Google looked like a fantastic deal. Fortunately, I had read in a webmaster forum that ...