All Blog Entries

1. Some recent discussion in our VIP Lounge

by , 3 February 2011 at 2:46 pm (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    You may or may not have heard about our VIP Lounge. It's a more relaxed area where experts discuss stuff, share tips etc. At most forums they charge for premium material like this. And if they had the type of members we have they'd charge a lot!

But as with everything on this site, access to the VIP Lounge is free. It's free to regularly contributing members - people who are part of this site and community, people who participate rather than sit on the sidelines and lurk.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Is anyone following the saga of EMI and Citi Group?

by , 2 February 2011 at 4:44 pm (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    The background: In 2007 Guy Hands' private equity fund, Terra Firma, paid 4.2 billion for EMI, the record label. 1.7 billion of that was his own money and Citigroup provided about 2.5 billion as a loan.

Since then EMI hasn't done too well financially and lost 1.57 billion in 2009 what with all these filesharers etc preferring to download their music illegally.

Guy Hands took CitiGroup to court last year to argue that they misled him about the value of the company.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Treading Water...

by , 28 January 2011 at 3:06 pm (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    First, about the acquisition situation. For now it seems the owner of the site I mentioned is simply going through some changes and expects things to be back to normal soon. So I am now free to stop salivating.

I updated the site this week and went through the member rolls again. Another grudge against this script - it is almost impossible to tell the status of any member at any given time. This script's reporting skills are appalling.

Basically I have to go directly to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Working things out and am I crazy?

by , 21 January 2011 at 9:30 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    First of all, how about an update on the member site script?

It looks like my problems are solved - with ZERO help from the script vendor. It appears the owner was right - the script is operating properly... to a point.

It was tracking who paid what and when the next payment was due. The problem is what little information is available on the admin panel was hidden under a drop down menu in each individual record. And that means to find out who has paid what and what status ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Well...

by , 14 January 2011 at 12:00 pm (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    I'm told it can be a deep subject.

As alluded to in my response to Clinton, my dealings with the owners of my member script has been less than satisfactory.

The head honcho replied to my ticket and informed me he "did not see a problem". That irked me a bit. I said WHAT?

I have people joining the site but I have NO record of them and you say this is not a problem. (I think I was nicer to him - I'm letting my hair down - so to speak.)

Categories
    Uncategorized