All Blog Entries

1. Joint Ventures

The business of making web money is a lonely one, and a lot of people feel isolated - they want to get together with other people having complimentary skills, to form something that is more profitable.

There is another group of people who like the idea of owning part of a website that makes loads of money. They can see ways to make even more money from it, but they don't have enough cash to buy that site outright. They need help with the initial investment, preferably from like-minded ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Everything Is New Again...

by , 6 January 2011 at 7:55 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    Okay so I still feel old. Anyway the new year tends to see a lot of us evaluating and planning to make this one better than the last. I'm no different here. While I'm not one to make "resolutions", I do plan on a lot of changes in my personal life and with this site. I'll leave the personal stuff alone, but as for the site...

First, I've dropped many of the things I've been doing to drive traffic. From my experience offline, I know better to write this or that medium as something ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Continuing Saga of a Struggling Site...

by , 17 December 2010 at 7:43 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    This week's update is mostly about driving traffic. Short and sweet: nothing is working to my expectations. But let's take a look to see why...

I'm using a couple of new or little used sources.

One source may or may not work out. I've used it before and I know it's a tough market. However the owner insists his audience is a good target for my offer. I have not yet tested his claims. He has two kinds of traffic - one is a straight click source. To me, this source is like ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. I Swear I Saw that Glacier Move!

by , 10 December 2010 at 3:51 pm (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    After weeks of feeling like I've got nothing done, I finally feel I've made some progress. I don't know about you but at times, I felt like nothing would ever go right.

This week was one of small victories, but victories nonetheless. First I've been trying to try a video squeeze page. Yes, I'm a "words" guy. I like to read and write. But it's not resistance to change (well, mostly not) that has kept me out of venturing into video - I just haven't had the resources to move ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. GRRRRR!

by , 3 December 2010 at 12:12 pm (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    Okay, there's an old saying that goes something like: I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.

I read once where this saying was based on a true story. In any case, while frustrations seem to abound, I am still thankful I have a wonderful family and a great forum like this one to visit, among other things. So what's going on?

Well, the problem with downloads is back. Looks like the last "fix" left my file paths unsecure - in other words, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized