All Blog Entries

1. Even Shorter Update

by , 24 November 2010 at 6:16 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    Well.. maybe not but this week is super short so I don't expect to get much done.

Thursday is Thanksgiving day here. It is my favorite holiday - mostly because it is the least commercial of them all. Even so, for a "one" day holiday - the kids only have school today and a half-day tomorrow. I'm not sure who's bright idea this was.

I'll spend what time I have this week building traffic. I don't know what else will get done.

Andy
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Short Update

by , 19 November 2010 at 10:10 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    Not much to report this week.

The jury is still out about changing the subscription process. I'm now starting to get subscribers but this may or may not be due to the change.

Traffic generation is slow going. The big drawback to the methods I'm using take time to develop.

A couple of problems cropped up concerning file storage but these were resolved rather quickly.

Back to doing the content thingy.

Andy
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Kabloooie!

by , 15 November 2010 at 11:56 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    For some reason, this didn't post on Friday as intended.

Andy

That's the sound of everything blowing up in one's face. Now I know how Murphy felt. Where to start?

Finally got the site updated only to find out there's a glitch in the script that trashes the downloads... or does something to it.

The techies are working on it.

I've been holding off sending a notice to current members to re-subscribe until I was able to get the site ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. What's the Point of Alexa? Actually, you'll be surprised

by , 6 November 2010 at 4:03 pm (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    Alexa is often dismissed as a bit of a joke, not something that any serious webmaster should be concerned about. I suggest you don't dismiss it that quickly. True, the unsophisticated webmaster may scoff at Alexa crude ranking that is easily manipulated (less easily now than in the past, BTW), but there's more to Alexa and if you're smart you'll check it out. I'm no expert on Alexa but I'll list some of the stuff I know about it.

First, Adbrite, Payperpost, Text Link Ads and other ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Two Steps Back...

by , 4 November 2010 at 4:57 pm (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    Okay, okay, Clinton was right about the VA. I gave her another chance and she disappeared for several days. While her "excuse" was understandable (aren't they all?) her behavior, i.e. her total failure to say anything was unacceptable to me. I consistently stress two things: communication and straightforwardness. I think I finally learned this lesson.

I'm in the process of looking for someone else.

Next the sales page: not done. I've still got the old one up. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized