All Blog Entries

1. Full Plate, Full Mouth, Empty Belly...

by , 29 October 2010 at 6:57 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    So much to do and so little time...

At this point I'm thinking I bit off more than I can chew and my plate still overflows. All this and not much revenue to show for it.

I spent some time doing what I should have done before buying the site - sit down and go through every member listed in the database. There weren't that many but this member script really stinks at member management. Ideally, I'd like to be able to separate members into groups and administer them by said ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. You Call This Progress?

by , 22 October 2010 at 11:22 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    Actually, "progress" is exactly what I was going to name this post. What do you think?

I upgraded the member script and spend a good deal of time exploring it.

I pulled the trigger on the second letter to current members. Didn't do this until yesterday (Thursday)

Got the new sales letter up.

Got the new FAQs page up.

Upgraded the blog and announced membership is open.

Everything is now "live"
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Ups Downs and Turnarounds...

by , 15 October 2010 at 2:25 pm (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    Now I know what they mean by the 4 hour work week. Its just as long as a regular week - it just [B]seems[/B] to fly by! Not sure if it's because I've been so busy I haven't noticed or what the deal is.

As you now know the transfer was completed by my web host who seems to have done a perfect job. I was left to spend my time delegating other work and re-writing the sales page. Not to mention spending a bit of time the other day troubleshooting my Internet connection.

I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Quick Update

by , 9 October 2010 at 8:41 am (Getting started with acquiring profitable websites - join the journey)
    Just a quick note here - my web host transferred the site for me and everything looks perfect. I think I'm going to like this delegation thingy.

Andy
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Myth: You need to work hard to make money online - Part II

by , 8 October 2010 at 2:38 pm (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    Myth: You need to work hard to make money online - Part II

In Part I I explained that what I wanted to do was make a decent living without working too hard.

But what's wrong with the good ol' fashioned Protestant Work Ethic?

Nothing!

It can get you to where you want to go.

But...

If there's a better route you'd be stupid to insist on working hard for the sake of working hard.

And I needed to find that better ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized