Recent Blogs Posts

1. UK Business Brokers

by , 7 April 2016 at 2:40 pm (Assorted Thoughts on Website Buying, Selling and Monetizing)
    It's been a long time since I made a post so I thought I'd update my friends on what I'm now doing. I know several of you check in on this site regularly.

Well, as you know, I had to take some time off because of ill health. I'm delighted to say that I'm 100% fit now. I still do need to ensure I do not spend too much of time at a computer though.

Anyway, not doing anything with my time was very stressful. I had to find something to keep me occupied. So, given what I enjoy ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Miscellaneous Thoughts On Link Building

To trace my thought path:

I'm aware that people are still making money from niche sites. They are driving traffic to them from a range of sources, which are mostly avoiding anything to do with Gargle, because Gargle doesn't like sites that don't grow. Me, I'm in favour of evergreen sites with real info that often doesn't involve pictures. Gargyl seems to think that a picture is worth a thousand words - even if each and every one of those words is "rhubarb".

Whatever. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Why the Minisite Boom led to today's gloom

About 10 years ago savvy people were forecasting that web search would have to move from being "free" to "paid". Nobody could see how the service could be provided for no money, and maintain the facilities needed to give a search that would satisfy most users.

That view was also held by a lot of web search company executives, so when Gargyl came around waving cheque books, it took very little to persuade them to sell out their stuff to Gargyl. But Gargyl had a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Three Types of Flippa Listings to Stay Away From

Reading the forum threads here has really opened my eyes to the nefarious ways of certain website sellers. But it's not a black-and-white world as there are lots of listings that are grey-area & kind of shady. While some website for sale listings are outright fraudulent, others are somewhat dishonest, and others are merely deceptive. I want to briefly touch on 3 such websites, all sold on Flippa in this post.

[B]Deliberately Deceptive Flippa Listings
    [/B]
    [URL]http://experienced-people.net/forums/showthread.php/10866-Obvious-Flippa-scam[/URL] ...

Updated 16 February 2013 at 9:45 pm by gzed

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A challenging way to get paid for writing - part 3

So we've reached 2013 and I haven't earned one cent yet - but I'm enjoying myself and several things are coming together in an encouraging way. I put monetisation on the back burner while I worked on finding out what the site's readers responded to.

- Race reports are small beer, and this is the off season. Since these are intended as longish-lived articles for people who are not close followers in real time (most viewers are not really interested in the races themselves), I'm restricting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast