• How to build an online store with no domain name, no hosting, and take orders for free

It sounds almost too good to be true, so what's the catch? Can you have a free store with no transaction fees, unlimited products, a half gig of picture storage, unlimited bandwidth, and be ready to take orders in a few hours of set-up

The store site offering this is named Vendio and they have been in business for about 12 years. I decided to give it a try a while back. Sure enough, it works, and there are no fees unless you want upgraded features. They didn't even ask for a credit card.

The free store is perfect for products with flat fee shipping. For shipping integration into the store, that is an expanded 19.95 a month service. Higher priced plans are also available with more features. All plans (including the free one) have a picture gallery, buyer appreciation (if you link the store to eBay), SSL Checkout, a Facebook Store (have it but never set it up), free sub-domain (which is misnamed because the store is a URL name after vendio.com/stores/ and not a sub-domain), and free email support.

After a few months, I went to look at G, and my products were indexed based on descriptions. The store is set to accept PayPal and is making sales. (Tip: Name your store after your primary niche, not your company, and put the product name in the first sentence near the beginning of the description.)

If you sign up for the Basic Bundle, they will provide basics plus limited time features. If you learn to rely on those extra features, then there will be a cost after the trial period. After you sign up, you will receive a confirmation email and that will allow you to complete the account setup. Then it's just a matter of driving traffic to the store

Last, but certainly not least, they have a section titled Learn How To Sell Online that is excellent. Even if you are not interested in the free store, I would recommend taking advantage of this free education if you have any eCommerce sites.

Let me know if you have any questions.

<Admin Comment: Take up his offer to answer questions before he changes his mind! - Clinton>
    This article was originally published in forum thread: How to build an online store with no domain name, no hosting, and take orders for free started by KenW3 View original post