+ Reply to Thread

Thread: flippingethics.com - new site - your thoughts?

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 Times in 1,683 Posts

flippingethics.com - new site - your thoughts?

When I saw the http://flippingethics.com domain name I suspected I knew who was behind it. I did a WHOIS and, yes, it's him.

See if you can guess before you go and check it out

Anyway, what do you think of the site? The concept?

To the owner - all the best with the site, mate, and thanks for featuring our feed on your homepage.
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

Thanks
    Hi Clinton,

I first found this website searching for a closed Flippa deal, and then run a query on EP to see if it's a topic already discussed... and I landed on this 4y old thread with no answers

It seems to me a predecessor of FlipFilter, abusing the word "ethics" and trying to charge 25$ to remove listings.

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 Times in 1,683 Posts
    It has no connection with FlipFilter. At the time I created this thread that domain was owned by Chris Avell who spent a lot of his time, money ... and life ... exposing scams. There is nobody I know who is more passionate than him when it comes to exposing dodgy stuff on Flippa. He has always paid a heavy price with the scammers harrassing him, suing him, threatening his family ...

Current WHOIS still shows him as the owner, I don't know how accurate that is, but I lost contact with him some while ago when personal circumstances led him to a decision to quit much of his online activities.
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clinton For This Useful Post:

Kay (22 July 2014)

Established Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danieleB View Post
    Hi Clinton,

I first found this website searching for a closed Flippa deal, and then run a query on EP to see if it's a topic already discussed... and I landed on this 4y old thread with no answers

It seems to me a predecessor of FlipFilter, abusing the word "ethics" and trying to charge 25$ to remove listings.
    I've never seen the site before but I took a look at it and think your reaction is off base. The site appears to allow a thorough vetting of the site (something that listing sites definitely don't do) and will not allow the discussion to be removed until after the site has been sold. It also seems reasonable to allow at least the buyer to ask that the discussion be removed because the buyer may be trying to fix issues that were raised in the discussion and it seems unfair to saddle the new buyer with the seller's baggage. As far as the fee goes, taking down the discussion and eliminating links to those pages takes time and effort and I see no reason that the buyer should expect the website owner to do that for free. If it's not worth $25 for the removal, then the buyer doesn't need it done.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to David S For This Useful Post:

Clinton (24 July 2014)

+ Reply to Thread