+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forum changes ongoing

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts

Forum changes ongoing

The forum is going through some major changes. See: http://experienced-people.net/forums...coming-up-soon

Despite the upheaval, I've decided to keep the place open because most of the forums will be unaffected so please feel free to carry on as normal. The VIP Lounge has been closed and is being replaced with the Premium Members' Lounge. The old Marketplace is being replaced with a new one with new rules.

It's pointless to send me a message telling me that the VIP Lounge is closed. I know it is, because I closed it. The changes will be made much more quickly if I don't have to deal with replying to individuals about this kind of stuff. Please be patient, it'll all become clear soon.

If there's something that's really eating you, then post here and I'll reply so everyone knows what's going on. Sorry, I don't have time right now to give anyone individual attention.
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Thanks
    Thank you Kay for stepping in and taking over operations of EP. I'm looking forward to seeing what changes you have in store for the new marketplace.

Let me know if I can give you a hand in any way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

FinanceGuy (4 April 2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks, Ryan. If you could change the world so each day had 48 hours instead of 24, that would be a big help. It's kinda bad timing for me because I thought I'd go for it over the holiday weekend when things would probably be a bit quieter around here, but I'm also racing to meet a deadline for some other work. Looks like I'm gonna be up all night.

The best thing people can do right now is just be patient. There are T&Cs to change, rules to rewrite, and various things like that. Most of the forum will be unaffected so it's still business as usual.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Some of you must be wondering what on earth is going on, so I thought you deserved a progress report. (Or a lack of progress report.)

There's an awful lot to do - more than I had first realised. Sometimes it seems as though we solve two problems and another dozen present themselves. When will it ever end? Anyway, thanks for waiting patiently, so here's some info which I hope will help you.

I have decided to charge $99 per annum as an early bird price for those who jump in and show their commitment to EP even when there might still be some glitches and problems. The price will go up after that in accordance with what specific benefits Premium Members will be getting for their money. We will soon have a subscription page where you can sign up for Premium Membership. It includes a table of benefits, which we're still tweaking. The subscription page will also have a "buy now" link where you can pay via PayPal.

One thing I need to give you advance warning about is that there will be some changes to access to the PM (private message) system. This won't affect those who decide to become Premium Members, but if you don't want to pay for that, then I advise you to dig out and save anything important in your Inbox. Otherwise, you are likely to lose it.

+ Reply to Thread