+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Value this website please

Thanks

Value this website please

1. DN: naturalleap.com
    2. Whois registration date: August 12, 2010
    3. Previously owned and used as a weight loss/health website.
    4. I don't think it is violating any trademark.

This website does not generate a lot of traffic, the owner mostly use adwords to generate traffic. The sales are about 900$/month and profit about 450$ to 500$ a month.

Here is the ended listing on Flippa: https://flippa.com/2913821-naturalle...aking-1-000-mo

Thanks!

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Bruno, what have you done yourself to value the site? Otherwise it just looks as though you're hoping that EP people will do your valuation and DD work for you.

Is there anything specific about it which you need help with?

Have a look at this sticky by Clinton for some pointers.
    http://experienced-people.net/forums...ebsite-or-Blog
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

aka "meathead1234" Thomas is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Depends what you mean by "value this website". Are you asking what you should pay? Or what it should sell for if the owner hadn't written up a poor sales copy?

I wouldn't pay anything for it. His data isn't great so I think ~$6k would have been a "fair" market price. 2011 data should be ignored - it's really not relevant if he's been running paid traffic as costs/competition etc. changes over time. The fact he worked with a bad company in 2012 is his problem, not the buyer's. 2013 lacks data. Most buyers on Flippa are inexperienced so are highly unlikely to want to take over a site that requires an Adwords campaign at that level. Might be some extra potential if you're experienced with PPC, but the average buyer will likely get burned and not be able to replicate the seller.

The site itself has some potential. The sales page isn't great and he's getting people to pay directly with Paypal. Switching this over to Clickbank would be a good idea as you would have the chance to attract affiliates which can't hurt.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomas For This Useful Post:

Clinton (8 May 2013)

Thanks
    Kay I did my evaluation and DD, I did not want to expose it here to not influence your evaluations. Here it is:

Strenght
    The website has 3 years of existence.
    Steady monthly income of about 900 over these years.
    The website fulfill a need that will always exist and there will always be new kids that wants to jump higher.

Weakness
    Almost all traffic is bought
    One customer = only one customer. If a customer share this website he will also share the video and the program so it does not increase volume of sales.
    Currently a couple of similar great videos are availlable for free on YouTube.
    The seller could not provide average monthly profit because the marketing of that website was managed by an agency. He told me the profit for last month was about 470$. It is hard to determine if it's true or not.

Opportunity
    Almost all traffic is bought, the website could be better SEOed.

Threath
    Number one website on keyword "how to jump higher" is wikihow.

Based on that, I would say I am willing to pay 15 times monthly profit for a total of 7000$.

aka "meathead1234" Thomas is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brunogo View Post
    Strenght
    The website has 3 years of existence.
    Steady monthly income of about 900 over these years.
    The website fulfill a need that will always exist and there will always be new kids that wants to jump higher.
    1) Just because it has been round for a while, doesn't mean it has any value.
    2) The income is far from steady. It's also not readily verifiable. Sounds like he made nothing in 2012.
    3) Yes, but at the same time the product has probably been neglected and the niche is very competitive.

It doesn't have too many red flags, and $7k isn't a lot of money so may be worth a punt and not worth too much time on due diligence. Only buy it if you have Adwords experience, though. The one month of verifiable history would also worry me.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thomas For This Useful Post:

brunogo (8 May 2013), Clinton (8 May 2013)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    One of my questions is also how hard would the site be to replicate....

I can buy slamdunkbetter.com

Total backlinks = 32 (some of them are some what smart such as the bought one from does it really work)

Current marketing expendature = $500 a month.

So only thing I cannot top is the domain age, well perhaps I can but I am not going hunting right now for a purely theoretical post.

So cost to me....

$500 per month.
    One professional video $800 - 1200
    Backlinks estimated at $1000
    My time to build a link profile and wheel/pyramid $1000

So I have rebuilt this site for $4000 which means I can replicate its PPC campaign at $500 for six months.

This is what I can do for the potential buying price. I would probably replicate it myself, this is not a market or site that has customer loyalty, it has no or little repeat business, it does not have a forum or social pages working for it.
    So what do I have to lose by replicating the website? Not much, the issue then becomes how valuable is the product, is it a click bank sale rebranded, is it a product that actually cost money to create? That is what would define if I bought or simply aimed to wipe the floor with this site by building my own.

I appreciate that is not a valuation or a DD I just have not got time to do any real DD, but the above points would severely limit what I would pay for the site. As if I could find comparable product, I can out do and I suspect out earn this site.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Slowdive For This Useful Post:

brunogo (8 May 2013)

+ Reply to Thread