+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New version of EP Forum newsletter is going out today

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts

New version of EP Forum newsletter is going out today

This is an opt-in email so you'll only receive it if you have requested it. If you'd like to receive it and you haven't already opted in, you can do so by clicking on the "Newsletter" button above (under the forum's strapline) and following the instructions. Here's a direct link to the sign up page for your convenience:
    http://experienced-people.net/forums...read.php/11445

Feedback is welcome - it'll help the newsletter evolve into what you, the members, want it to be.
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Thanks
    I read it this morning and I was glad to find out that I was actively implicated in 3 of the top 7 threads! I liked that you described what the thread was about and the big picture of what was said.

I also really liked that you shared hot content from other websites. Maybe there could be a place where users with a decent count of non-fluff posts could share only one link per week, the very best article, video, podcast thread, listing... they found on the Web. Just my two cents.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to brunogo For This Useful Post:

Kay (15 May 2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Bruno, thanks for your comments and suggestions. It's good to have the feedback. Also, thanks for being an active forum participant.

Maybe there could be a place where users with a decent count of non-fluff posts could share only one link per week, the very best article, video, podcast thread, listing... they found on the Web.
    If users find good stuff they can already post about it on the forum - some people do. Then a discussion might ensue and it could end up being a highlighted thread. BTW, we're not against all linking here, only in some cases. A link in a first posting is a real no-no, as are self-promotional links. Even so, it's not against the rules to link to your own site. You can link to your own site if you are joining in on a discussion and you've already written something on your own site which is relevant to the subject. There's a bit of discretion involved too about what's acceptable. I tend to link if I've found something interesting but disable the link if I want to tell people about something that looks dodgy - because I don't want to give them a free do-follow link in case it benefits them. I'm also quite down on links to any MMO product, but that's just a personal preference rather than a strict forum rule.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Good job on the first newsletter, Kay.

A newsletter like this would be worth archiving like we used to do with the old one. A selection of those archived newsletters could be made public to encourage signups.
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks, Clinton.

Of course it'll be worth archiving. But not the next day like we used to do. If you can get all the content without signing up, then why bother to sign up? We can leave it for about a week before archiving. The EP highlighted threads will still be relevant but the news might not be quite so new by then.

I have more plans for developing the newsletter into a useful resource for EP. That one was a little bit rushed because there were so many other things going on. As we always advise to the newbies - if you wait for something to be perfect before you launch, then nothing will even happen. It was time to go for it.

+ Reply to Thread