+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Subscription as an income alternative (as to auctions, etc.)?

Trial Member
    Thanks

Subscription as an income alternative (as to auctions, etc.)?

A friend and I were having a discussion regarding auctioning and subscription. I was saying a new subscription platform can be used as an income supplement to the seller's current income (from auctions, retailing, etc.). But he was saying most would find subscriptions difficult. So I was wondering if you can help us with the question?

If there is a subscription platform, would you be willing to try it or would you think subscriptions would be too difficult?

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Sorry. I don't understand the question. How would you (anyone) be using the subscription model along with the auction model? Why might the subscription model be difficult?

What kind of marketplace are you talking about and what are you trying to achieve? We don't need the details - just a rough idea so we know what we're supposed to be talking about here.
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Trial Member
    Thanks
    Ah, so sorry. I am such an idiot. After finishing the discussion with my friend, I posted the message without filtering it first.

I had an idea of starting a subscription marketplace. Kinda like ebay is to auction, except mine would be subscriptions. So sellers can post items and instead of auctioning, they would be selling subscriptions (eg. subscription boxes). So I was saying a current seller on Ebay can also sell on my subscription platform as a supplemental income to their auction income.

My friend said it would be more difficult because with subscription, unless it is a commodity like razer blades, sellers would have to repeatedly come up with new ideas, like a magazine article. I think people are usually creative and some might accept the challenge.

So I thought to throw out our question and see people's responses

+ Reply to Thread