+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting your money back

Trial Member
    Thanks

Getting your money back

New member and first time poster here.

Looks like I'm learning the hard/expensive way and have been scammed. I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten their money back once they realize they have been scammed? If so, how did you go about getting it back?

Thanks.

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Hi, Todd, and welcome to EP.

I'm curious to know more. Yes, sometimes people spend their money and later regret it. We see that quite often on here. Here's an example where someone was persuaded by George Brown to part with $1,200 for what was just a means of scraping Craigslist to find email addresses to spam. He managed to get a refund.
    http://experienced-people.net/forums...m-George-Brown

People do sometimes get their money back. Have you asked for a refund?

Calling someone out as a scammer is quite a serious allegation, so you need to get your facts right before you do. Opinion isn't good enough. Let's try a different tack...

Is there any particular product you are having difficulty with? Have you contacted their customer support? Why do you think it's a scam? How long did you try the product for?
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Trial Member
    Thanks
    Sorry for the late reply.

yes, I should hold off on using the "S" word. My apologies. Won't go into details, but it's been over two weeks and I only recieved login info for the website that I purchased. Still has not been transferred over to me and the products on Clickbank also have not been switched over to me. I have tried numerous attempts to contact the seller (email, phone, text, Skype) only to get I'll call you later, but no call.

Its just been really frustrating, before I sent the money the seller was around almost 24/7 to non existent.

Thanks for your reply.

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Reading between the lines, this isn't a deal with a private seller, is it? It more like something that has been offered as part of an MMO product, ie the type of "we build it for you" or "all done for you" website. Did your purchase come with any kind of guarantee? How did you pay for it? PayPal? Credit card? Depending on the answer to that, you may have some more luck with getting your money back.

Worst case, and you have to put this behind you as a mistake, what's your next move? Assuming you want to continue to earn some money online, it might be worth avoiding some of the "gurus" in future or at least being more sceptical.

Have a dig in our MMO forum, you'll find all kinds of stuff in there which may be relevant to you. You could try going back a few pages in there too. It's possible you might find a thread relating to your own current situation.
    http://experienced-people.net/forums...e-Monetization
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Trial Member
    Thanks
    Yes, this deal was with a private seller that I met on Flippa. This person also has established credibility on another forum. The seller and I have a signed contract that was drawn up by the seller as well. I was promised 100% ownership to website and its products, as well as personal mentoring until I am able to run it without any help. Also stated that if either party was unsatisfied, that a full refund and return of ownership would be honored.

i just hope the seller abides by the contract and refund my money. Unfortunately for me, I spaced out from the excitement, I paid with Western Union but through my banking account. I'm still pretty sure it's still Western Union rules, good as gone.

Thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread