+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you have assistants /outsourcers do your work on Flippa ?

Trial Member
    Thanks

Do you have assistants /outsourcers do your work on Flippa ?

I have a big problem right now as a couple outsourcers I was using posted convoluted (rubbish) attachments on Flippa.
    I have perfect feedback and great relationship with repeat buyers.
    But I now find myself in the awful position of being suspended.
    I was in contact with support and they told me that Flippa doesn't allow anyone to use your user account.
    Strangely though I can't find where it says this in the rules/terms. I've looked and looked.
    I found a portion of the rules where it allows people (minors) to access, but I dont see where it says you can't allow people to upload/update your listings on your behalf.
    I also was convinced I've read 'Meathead' and a couple of other on the ball type of sellers talk about using staff/ outside help for their listings.
    Flippa is now asking for my passport scanned to reactivate account.
    Problem is I don't have a passport. I have a driver's license. But the photo looks like my cat when she's puking!
    Anyway, I'd appreciate some insight or advice on this.

Trial Member
    Thanks
    Well update, Ophelie was great quickly answering the same question on Flippa's Twitter and Facebook page.You can't let other Flippa users access your account but that doesn't prohibit other people from being cool to access your account (Im paraphrasing here)But problem is is that my account is still in limbo.Ho hum.

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    This other thread is relevant to the discussion here:
    http://experienced-people.net/forums...roup-of-people

I also wanted to enable assistants/colleagues to use my Flippa account but wasn't sure how to go about it. Also I was thinking along the lines of having a separate Flippa account for a small group of friends. The main problem about that seemed to be that some people would use such a group for shill bidding and other unethical activities.

It would be great it Ophelie could answer some of our questions here.
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kay For This Useful Post:

ArinGoldstein (28 July 2013)

Trial Member
    Thanks
    So it appears Flippa wants to punish me for something that someone else in support ( Ophelie ) says is not forbidden. (Letting outsourcers access my account)I sent my id with name and photo showing and now Flippa is refusing to accept it without showing all my personal information.And to make matters worse it took them 2 days to reply and ruined my weekend.I'm weighing my options and am incredibly disappointed in support right now.As a side note regarding the outsourcers, I had a couple bad outsourcers work on a listing recently. So if anyone has good reliable ones to suggest, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Sure, I'm happy to help.

You can't let other Flippa users access your account but that doesn't prohibit other people from being cool to access your account (Im paraphrasing here)
    I'm afraid that's not an accurate representation of what I said. The first part is correct -- other Flippa accounts can't edit listings that don't belong to them. As for the second part, while we can't prevent users from sharing their login credentials and outsourcing part of the work of listing a site, we do suspend accounts that appear to have been compromised, or used for shill bidding or other fraudulent uses. That includes accounts that seem to have been accessed by an unauthorised third party.

I also wanted to enable assistants/colleagues to use my Flippa account but wasn't sure how to go about it. Also I was thinking along the lines of having a separate Flippa account for a small group of friends. The main problem about that seemed to be that some people would use such a group for shill bidding and other unethical activities.
    If your business requires that several people log in to an account, let us know before sharing credentials. We can add a note to your account to give admins a heads-up (several EP members have brokerage/business accounts and can speak to that).
    We show a link between accounts when we can detect a shared computer, payment method, and a few other things. If two people with individual accounts sign in to a third shared account, all three accounts will show a link. Letting us know that the shared account is used for business purposes ahead of time means that we won't suspend based on the linked account.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OLechat For This Useful Post:

Clinton (2 August 2013)

Trial Member
    Thanks
    Well support knows I authorized my (now former) outsourcers from using my account to uploading documents for a listing.
    As I said, I was paraphrasing you.
    From your reply on Facebook I understood you to say it's not forbidden.
    Flippa: Hi Arin! I replied on Twitter a little while ago, but there's a bit more room here to explain what's going on.
    What Amir is suggesting here is having an assistant log in to your Flippa account and modify the listing, not having a second Flippa account access a listing. You can email us at [[email address removed]] if you have any questions on this. --Ophelie
    You're saying now you can't "prevent it" ?
    So you don't want people to let others help out with their listings ? I thought Flippa adding in classifieds was a signal of people working as a whole.
    All I know is that others have been able to verify with Flippa using their facebook accounts to lift their suspensions, but I am not being afforded that.
    I have at least 7 former buyers who can vouch for my identity.
    There is now the principle of the matter here. That some users are given special favors and other aren't.

Trial Member
    Thanks
    So after talking with a couple friends who are lawyers, they pointed out the fact that one should not be giving their full private ID to any company online unless it's a bank or other financial institution.
    Additionally, the FTC and other consumer protection orgs where I am in America also strongly advise against this.
    I am still confused that I have a fully verified Flippa profile and also now have linked profiles to my major Social Media accounts and my account is still suspended.
    I am now contacting lawyers in AU to handle this further.

Top Contributor crabfoot is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Late to the party,as ever -
    I don't have a passport
    Less than 2% of US citizens feel the need to go outside the US for purposes other than business. So over 90% of US citizens don't have passports. We also have people like that in UK who get pissed off when asked for similar ID, mostly so they can prove they are not illegal immigrants to the company's personnel department. it is a drag ...

I am now contacting lawyers in AU to handle this further.
    That does seem a little heavy handed - I'm pretty sure that a PM exchange with OLechat could sort this out without it costing lawyers' rates.
    Last edited by crabfoot; 14 August 2013 at 10:40 pm.

+ Reply to Thread