+ Reply to Thread

Thread: S100k per month! Inflation or what?

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts

S100k per month! Inflation or what?

It used to be the case that the MMO brigade were promoting the "six figure income" per year idea. In the last week or so, a lot of the MMO stuff has been about $100k per month. Wow! Where do I sign up?

Tsk. I don't believe it. If I knew how to make $100k in a month I wouldn't be spending my time sending crappy emails to people telling them how to do it. What is it with these MMO guys? I don't see Bill Gates, Lord Sugar, or any other real millionaire, sending out emails telling people how easy it is to make money in this way. Is anyone else sceptical?
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Top Contributor crabfoot is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Once upon a time I was making money from buying things at auction, and selling them at car boot sales. Having worked my way up from a 5 stake to over 100, I thought I was doing well. Then I went to an auction and bought 100 of defective junk, with about 50 worth of stuff that had enough profit in the process to make 70. I wasn't quite back to the start, but it was a learning experience.

You need the ante to work up to the $100k per month, you could spend the ante on the MMO coaching.

Most of the recent MMO stuff focuses on how to become a powerful seller on Amazon. Latch on to a real opportunity and you make lots of dosh. But you need to find your own "power product", and that is not enough to be certain of success.

In my life, I have seen this go sour a couple of times, which is why I'm not doing it. I will give one example.

There was a man who latched on to the concept about three years ago. He was selling Chinese goods, buying through an Ali Baba supplier, and selling on eBay/Amazon to get a good profit. He put his eggs in one basket, and the basket was stolen.

He started with a minimum order from a Chinese supplier, about $1600, and kept re-investing his capital in the same products until he got up to a $16k order for goods - all within a year.

At that point, DHL lost his goods in transit and told him to go whistle for it when he looked for compensation. According to their tracking, the stuff landed in NYC, then evaporated.

I don't know what happened after that, and I do know that Kay has been down on DHL since they ate her passport a while back. But let us be clear that there's many a slip between cup and lip.

The man I'm referring to lost his shirt in this process. That $16k was more than he could afford, he was chasing a quantity discount and he needed the goods to prop up his domestic cashflow. He had not allowed for the goods disappearing in transit, and was not insured for that eventuality.

All trade is a risk. Trade on that basis.
    Last edited by crabfoot; 4 October 2013 at 6:42 pm.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crabfoot For This Useful Post:

cBusiness (5 October 2013), Chabrenas (5 October 2013), Dave McM (4 October 2013), dsieg58 (12 October 2013), Kay (5 October 2013)

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Dunno if anyone bought into this. I didn't, for reasons explained in the Premium Lounge where we discussed the offering in more depth.

An interesting spin off of that massive launch is the number of smaller vendors in the same niche piggy-backing on the big launch. The big launch attracted huge numbers of people to consider buying it, but the price was too high for many people. However, they'd got the bit between their teeth for learning more about the subject. Thus they looked around for cheaper alternatives. It's likely the alternatives won't be so comprehensive, but when you consider the amounts of money involved, it's an attractive option for many.

Jim Cockrum, for example, has an alternative which he's currently got on special offer. From what I've observed, he must be doing very well picking up the people who decided against buying the original ASM offer.

This could work well for those who already have an offering in the niche. But, depending on your reach, how fast you work, and how much experience you have on the subject, big launch time might be a good time to launch your own new product. Just a thought.
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

+ Reply to Thread