+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New due diligence service?

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts

New due diligence service?

Here's what appears to be a new DD service. FlippingDesk .com Anyone ever heard of them? I had a quick look. Nowhere (obvious) on their site does it say anything about who they are. However, apparently they have 5+ years experience of trading websites.

They appear to be operating out of India. Who.Is doesn't give much info other than the domain was reg'd in August 2013. The site isn't fully functional, eg try clicking on "download sample report" on their DD page. It takes you back to the DD page.

They have various offerings at different prices. Plus this one:

3) What do we charge for due diligence?

We provide these service completely free of charge if you are looking to purchase sites between $1k to $10k. For due diligence of higher value websites please mail to [email address removed] to get your quote.
    http://www.flippingdesk.com/due-diligence/

It's the first I've seen of its type, although it wouldn't surprise me to find plenty of clones. I wonder if Flippa's recent interest in providing DD has led to a sudden interest in this new "opportunity" in the marketplace. What do you think? Is it a one-off or a sign of things to come? Maybe these things come and go all the time it's just that I never noticed them before.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the testimonials from their clients are interesting too, including the one from John Doe.
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Top Contributor Dave McM is a Premium Member
    Thanks
    It looks decidedly dodgy to me - incredibly cheap, literally. The phone number in their contact details is apparently a New York area code, but of course that doesn't mean anything, thanks to services like SkypeIn.

I agree - I wouldn't be at all surprised if Flippa's promoting of a preferred DD service had induced others to jump on the bandwagon. Apparently in FlippingDesk's case they've decided not just to recommend a partner supplier, but to keep the whole thing in-house. To me that seems even more of an obvious compromise of impartiality.

Personally, I wouldn't touch them with a ten-foot bargepole.

aka "meathead1234" Thomas is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Never heard of them. I would be VERY careful hiring anyone without a solid track record buying sites for due diligence. There are very few people in the world who have enough experience in the <$1m range to offer it as a formal service - there's a big difference between people who have read a few articles on due diligence and those who actually have practical experience. There are new tricks used by scammers everyday - the last thing you want is a due diligence service that tells you a site is okay but it turns out not to be...

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    I got the impression that they'd sold a few sites on Flippa (I'm sure it said somewhere on their site - "check our Flippa reputation") and now they've decided to set up as a broker. And a marketplace. And a provider of due diligence! Yet they don't even say who they are.

I doubt if they'll get very far. What concerned me was whether it was the start of the latest MMO craze. You know, make $100k a month by doing this... I bet it won't be the only one of its type we see.
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Established Member
    Thanks
    I would be terribly surprised if there is really any substantive experience behind the services they are offering. It looks like a clone of flippa with a few other services thrown in for good measure.

+ Reply to Thread