+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone using Market Samurai? Why?

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts

Anyone using Market Samurai? Why?

I did check for similar questions but didn't find anything with directly relevant info. So...

I wanted to have a look at Market Samurai (MS) because I thought it was the #1 place to go for competitive intelligence and checking ranking and keywords, etc. There are plenty of people on here who've mentioned in passing that they use it but no one has yet specified why, or what they like or dislike about it.

I had a look at MS for myself but didn't get very far. Their home page looks like a WSO sales page, plus a sign up form to download videos and software. I just wanted to know what it is, why I might want to buy it, and ideally an opportunity have a quick go at keyword research and competitor analysis. Can anyone please tell me why you use it and what's good or bad about it?

Thanks.
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Publishing Mentor dsieg58 is a Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 565 Posts
    It concentrates, all in one place, or software, everything you need to know, to research, analysis, rank, a website. But there is a learning curve. It's sophisticated software.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dsieg58 For This Useful Post:

Kay (7 January 2014)

Trial Member
    Thanks
    Hi Kay,

I've been a long time user of Market Samurai so can help you out with any questions you might have about he software.

I'm not sure specifically what you want to know about the software but I've done a pretty in depth review of the software on my own blog. I've also done a short video tutorial that walks you through how to use the main features of the software too, this will cut down on the learning curve.

If you've got any questions about the software that I haven't covered in my blog post then just ask away on here and I'll answer whenever I can.

Here's the link to the review and tutorial: [[Link removed]]

Cheers,

Jamie.
    Last edited by Kay; 21 January 2014 at 1:42 am. Reason: remove link

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Hi Jamie,

Welcome to Experienced People. You seem like a nice guy who might contribute to and benefit from being part of our community. You come across as being articulate and intelligent. Too intelligent surely to try a silly stunt such as posting a link in your first post. That's clearly against the rules and not the done thing around here. Worse still, the "review" consisted of a sales spiel to encourage people to buy Market Samurai using your affiliate link. Let's get this straight. We don't even know who you are, you've not introduced yourself and you have no track record on here. Yet you invite us to read your review of a product which you have a financial incentive to promote. Why should we trust the opinion of someone we've never heard of before? Do you really think we're daft enough to appreciate someone dumping a link on us in the hope of making some money for themselves? You seriously underestimate us.

C'mon. You can do better than that. Why not introduce yourself. Join in. You might even learn something.

Cheers,

Kay
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Thanks
    Hey Kay,

We started off using MS when first looking for a KW research tool. It was effective and met our need for some time, but (I think) around 2011 or so there were some changes that caused it to become awfully slow/clunky. We ended up switching over to LTP. MS was much more robust software and had a nicer UI, but LTP got the job done and was much faster at pulling out the keywords we needed.

A side-note: It's amazing what's been happening with the Market Samurai / Noble Samurai brand the last 12 months or so. I've received some WSO-type emails, they've rented their email list out to others, etc. It's been surprising - they were a serious company with (claimed) 300K licenses sales at one point if my memory serves. It was weird to see them drop down the value chain and get really IM-ey.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TryBPO For This Useful Post:

Kay (22 January 2014)

Trial Member
    Thanks
    Market Samurai offers around 10 day free trial; the tool works well for me. Market Samurai is now using Keyowrd Planner; it has also added a whole new features and data from majestic SEO so it works great.

Thanks
    Hope is not too late to comment on this!
    Market Samurai used to be a great tool but also for me became painfully slow, plus the Linux version didn't get updated to the latest AIR versions leaving me with an unusable software (I'm Linux user).
    Unfortunately LTP mentioned by TryBPO doesn't support Linux either.
    This may only be my problem, but now I'm using a combination of other tools to achieve similar results (kwfinder, SEMrush, Ahrefs).

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread