+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Never pay for your Kindle eBooks Again

Publishing Mentor dsieg58 is a Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 565 Posts

Never pay for your Kindle eBooks Again

Everybody likes free books, (Except maybe the Author) myself included. Especially when you get real value for free.

I don't know why I never thought of this before. Currently I'm on about 10 mailing lists for free Kindle books. Many are very good. The problem is, most are finite, or don't have what I'm interested in when I'm interested in it. Also, an email has no search function. I have to go to their website and usually log in. Once there, I'm redirected to Amazon where I usually end up paying for the ones I REALLY want.

Like I said, I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

Go to Amazon, go to the Kindle store, and in the search bar type "Free Books XXX" (your topic) You'll get page after page of them. All searchable by topic. There are hundreds of books in some niches, and thousands in others. I'm on a roll. I've downloaded 10+ excellent books on marketing alone, including some that look first class. Great selection of nonfiction, and the options for fiction are even better.

Side Note: The selection is SO good, it makes a case for NOT doing KDP Select, or your free days promo if you are an author. You're lost in a sea of free if you're trying to compete.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dsieg58 For This Useful Post:

Chabrenas (4 March 2014), DaveMurphy (9 March 2014), grynge (6 May 2014), JimWaller (5 May 2014), Kay (5 May 2014)

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    I didn't try this before because I was quite happy using the top seller lists, paid and free, within the Kindle categories. But your way is much better because you can narrow your focus to what you want rather than according to Kindle's categories and where the author has decided to place their books. Sometimes there isn't anything available free for the search, but that's OK too because I saved the time from looking through loads of lists for what wasn't there. I like it! The problem is that it takes ages to get all these freebies! I've now got more books than I can ever find the time to read.
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kay For This Useful Post:

JimWaller (5 May 2014)

New Member Mentor JimWaller is a Premium Member
    Thanks
    Welcome to my world Kay! As i write this, I have something like 17,384 eBooks for my Kindle most of which were free. Granted some are very short or are just picture books, but it would still take me quite some time to read all of them.
    Help bring Janice home My mother-in-law was hospitalized while on vacation (holiday) We're trying to bring her home.

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    LOL! I'm heading that way.

I haven't yet figured out how it all works. I know that when I 'buy' a Kindle book, it goes into a cloud and I can choose which device to read it on (as long as that device is associated with the Amazon account where I bought the book). Is that right or have I got mixed up from the start?

Does my Kindle cloud have unlimited space? Can I buy a million books and keep them there? I think the Kindle device itself can only hold about 3k books at a time.

Perhaps a million was a bit of an exaggeration, but before we discovered Kindle Dave and I were constantly buying new bookcases. I just lurve Kindle.
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

New Member Mentor JimWaller is a Premium Member
    Thanks
    From what I can tell, there is not a limit on how many books you can have in the cloud. It makes sense as it is probably just a matter of associating your amazon account to the book that is already there. So not much space is taken up on the cloud by your "purchases". I'm just guessing as to how it works.
    Help bring Janice home My mother-in-law was hospitalized while on vacation (holiday) We're trying to bring her home.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimWaller For This Useful Post:

Dave McM (6 May 2014), Kay (6 May 2014)

+ Reply to Thread