+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scrivener for $20

Established Member
    Thanks

Scrivener for $20

Just a heads up. I don't drop in often, but thought it worth passing on a great deal at AppSumo. Scrivener for Mac or Windows at $20. This is a lifetime charge, so I guess that means free updates (I haven't read the fine print). Anyway, it's supposedly a great writer's tool, so at $20 I'm giving it a shot. This is good for a few more days I think.
    Last edited by Kay; 15 March 2014 at 3:15 am. Reason: affiliate link removed

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fish For This Useful Post:

JimWaller (17 March 2014)

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Oops! That was an affiliate link. I'm sure you didn't mean to do that. I've noticed recently that the MMO brigade have been sending their lists recommendations to try Scrivener via this appsumo deal. I'm not sure why.

Here it is without the referrer code:

http://www.appsumo.com/scrivener/

Yeah, Scrivener is pretty good. It's popular with the writers in the Premium Lounge. For more info or try before you buy, you can have a look at the software owner's site:
    http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kay For This Useful Post:

Fish (18 March 2014)

Established Member
    Thanks
    Oops. Didn't even know I had an affiliate link, sorry.
    I haven't even tried Scrivener yet, but thought it's worth $20 to give it a shot.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    LOL! I knew it was an accident (and I also knew whose aff link it was).

As I said, some of us are using Scrivener. The $20 offer is a good way to get it half price. The time limited offer still has about 72 hours to run but I don't know if that's for real or if it's one of these things that's perpetually ending soon. Whatever, Scrivener is good and at $20 it's a steal.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Established Member
    Thanks
    I don't follow the MMO gang anymore, but they do have good offers at times. They're like locusts, though, when they focus on a particular area.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I like to keep an eye on them to see what they're up to. A lot of them seem to be getting increasingly desperate these days. I'm seeing old names cropping up again after being off the scene for a while, often with old products packaged in a new way. I think they're running out of steam. Even some of the good guys have gone over to the Dark Side, probably because it's increasingly difficult for them to make money any other way. The ones who already have loads of cult followers will probably be OK.

I laughed when I saw the word "locusts" - so true. Here's an interesting fact about locusts.

Locusts are edible; in some countries they’re considered to be a delicacy, while in other traditions (eg Jewish and Muslim) they’re permitted as a famine food. However, when swarming (in other words, when the need’s greatest and when there’s most of them) they produce a toxin that makes them inedible. D’oh!
    Source: It's a small snippet from my Facts Lab Book of Insects

I'm currently on my first project with Scrivener, it really was made to solve the usual problems which a writer has with organising work. My only complaint is that so far I've not found the button to click to get the software to write the book for me.

Established Member
    Thanks
    The silk shirts, the gold chains, the sports car, the whole use-car salesman look. They always used to send mails saying "you can be just like me!" And that was not an attractive goal.

I have been getting paid to write more lately, but, oddly, find it very hard work. It's odd because I spend much less time actually writing that I do actually editing (I usually get paid for that), but mentally I can never walk away from the writing. Cleaning up or polishing somebody else's writing is easy - but that blank page is intimidating. I would have though that the editing of my own work would be easy again, but nope.

Scrivener, I hope, will make it easier. The hardest part so far is spewing out that first draft.

Publishing Mentor dsieg58 is a Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 565 Posts
    Scrivener, I hope, will make it easier. The hardest part so far is spewing out that first draft.
    The first draft IS hard. (The hardest. The rest is polish) And Scrivener made it easier for me.

+ Reply to Thread