+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Experienced-People Forum Update

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 Times in 1,683 Posts

Experienced-People Forum Update

It's been a bit quieter than usual over the last few days as some of the frequent posters are away on holiday (and one or two are lurking/sulking or something ), but I thought I'd update members on the traffic from SEs.

Traffic from Google is starting to pick up well. If you've made enough posts to have a signature, then there are a lot more people seeing it than just the members here. Your posts should be getting read by an increasing number of visitors that are coming via SEs and, hopefully, they'll click through via your signature link.

You do need to keep posting for that, of course. It's the quality of what you say in your posts that induces people to visit your site.

SE Traffic from when I put Analytics on in May to... yesterday:

Untitled-3.jpg

I must emphasise, I'm not chasing SE traffic per se. I don't even have the SEO add-on to this forum software. I'm more interested in you, the members, and the discussions I can foster on here than who the SEs send. I'm interested in getting all the right people together so you and they can make contacts and improve your businesses or start new ones. I'm interested in finding and bringing you deals, information, news, useful tips. But I need active participation for that.

So, go look for opportunities on here to make some nice informative / useful / interesting posts. If you don't do that, I don't have much incentive to keep running the show
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    I'm back, I've been having a total nightmare with my main work PC which got nobbled by some Malware, a really nasty one which might have trashed my hard drive, still waiting to find out from the shop. On top of that it turns out that my last backup might not work as the external hard drive it's on is faulty too. FML. No idea how I was exposed to it either.

Working off my laptop at the moment which needed seriously bringing to date.

Clinton, is it just me or is there no obvious way to have your forum password emailed to you? I wasn't able to login until I remembered my lastpass software had my password stored.

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 Times in 1,683 Posts

Lost Password

Sorry to hear about those problems, mate. I know from experience that it's very time consuming to sort stuff like this out.

Password: Enter the wrong password and you'll get a page saying:

You have entered an invalid username or password. Please enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

You have used 1 out of 5 login attempts. After all 5 have been used, you will be unable to login for 15 minutes.

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

+ Reply to Thread