+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Selling on Flippa

Thanks

Selling on Flippa

Is it OK to let you guys know of a site I'm selling on Flippa in case you're interested? Not sure if it's ok to post the link here or not, can someone advise?

Thanks.

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Hi, you can list your site for sale in our marketplace in the Starter Sites section. It costs $1.99 per site processing fees.
    http://experienced-people.net/forums...sites-for-Sale

Please don't just copy your Flippa listing here, that's against the rules. In any case, you are more likely to appeal to our audience if you avoid the hype usual on a Flippa listing and just tell us about the site in a straightforward manner.

Please read the rules before posting. You'll find them here:
    http://experienced-people.net/forums...SITES-FOR-SALE

All marketplace postings are premoderated to ensure compliance with forum rules. (This is why we charge $1.99 processing fee.)

I look forward to seeing what you have for sale. Good luck with getting the best price!
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kay For This Useful Post:

Hammertime (30 March 2014)

Thanks
    THanks Kay. Before I do that I have a wee question...

This will be the first time I've sold on Flippa.... If I list the site elsewhere i.e here, and someone makes me an offer, can I end the auction on Flippa to sell to the person here even if there are bids already?

Thanks
    Actually nevermind, it's a sports betting website so it would not comply with Rule 4.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    You will need to check out Flippa's rules to see whether or not they insist on exclusivity during your auction period. I expect they would, otherwise they'd be losing out on their success fees if sellers sold elsewhere.

Some other forums offer free listings. The last time I looked NamePros did, but again you'd need to check their rules. Maybe you need a certain post count or something.

You're not the first to have started an auction at Flippa and wondered about alternatives afterwards. Mind you, apparently some places (I'm not sure where) allow you just to post a link to a Flippa auction to try to drum up more interest that way. The way the market is at the moment, there seems to be more demand than supply of good little sites for sale, so if you have something good it shouldn't be a problem to sell it.

Is there any particular reason you went straight for Flippa without looking at the alternatives first?

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Thanks
    Yeah they have this in their terms:

Items may not be offered for sale through any other channel whilst the subject of an auction on Flippa. This does not extend to private sales.

However I don't think there's anything stopping someone advertising elsewhere with a link to the Flippa auction, then if someone wanted to buy privately then the auction can be ended early as long as the reserve has not been met.

I had a look at some alternatives but didn't like certain aspects of them. Flippa seemed to be the best option as far as I could see and their listing prices and addons were reasonable. Digital Point has gone downhill the last few years so I wasn't confident about listing there.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yes, perhaps there is a lack of good alternative places to list a site for sale. Apparently Flippa is geared up to keep their sellers happy (because that's what brings in the money), so maybe you're just as well having your site listed there.

How is your auction coming along? Do let us know how it goes and if it goes all the way to a successful change of ownership.

Thanks
    Going ok Kay, thanks. 3 bids so far at $2k and 12 watchers. Kinda screwed up with the starting price, should have started it at $1 to get lots of bids and into the "most active" section but nevermind. Will give it a few days and upgrade to a featured listing. The domain itself is highly sought after in the sports betting industry so fingers crossed for a good auction.

If anyone has advice on how best to promote such a listing i'd love to hear. So far I've been emailing owners of similar sites in the niche.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I'm sure people are interested in this. But we can't just let people show up and post "Visit my Flippa auction. Here's the link." Urgh. Imagine the mess that would create on here.

Give us a clue!

At least you read our rules and complied with them. That's more than a lot of people do.

Oh, for heaven's sakes just tell us.

Thanks
    Oh yeah I understand that, it wasn't until I'd already listed the site on Flippa that I remembered about this place.

If you search on Flippa for "bash the bookies" ye shall find.

All feedback, good and bad, welcome.

+ Reply to Thread