+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The most overhyped listing I've seen on Flippa for a while (that's saying A LOT!)

Thanks

The most overhyped listing I've seen on Flippa for a while (that's saying A LOT!)

The sad part is I think the underlying site may have some value which is why I've been commenting and watching. But the seller, who at least isn't deleting comments to his credit, is delaying posting actual financials and instead hyping his 30-40% monthly no-risk income method, Adsense secret formulas/methods and some mailing lists.

https://flippa.com/3051397-pr-1-site...m-home-passive

The sadder part is some people will probably fall for this 'risk free' income method even though, as I pointed out, someone in possession of this method could be rich beyond their dreams in less than a year and selling it and diluting its effectiveness would only be shooting oneself in the foot.

Oh well, I found it amusing and invite others to get a chuckle too.

FG

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FinanceGuy For This Useful Post:

Clinton (4 April 2014), David S (4 April 2014), Kay (3 April 2014)

Top Contributor crabfoot is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,038 Posts
    I would guess that he can't post financials because he has done nothing with it since he bought it. To profit from this smells like hard work to me ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crabfoot For This Useful Post:

FinanceGuy (3 April 2014)

Thanks
    I really don't see how there's any value at all in that site. An ecommerce site with no products?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to petertdavis For This Useful Post:

FinanceGuy (3 April 2014)

Thanks
    I spoke to the original seller who had shut the site down but it seemed to have a non-worthless list of jewelry buyers and it would be easy to restock the product. But the seller clearly doesn't want to do that and instead just wants to sell some snake oil.

BTW, I had posted a follow up regarding asking (again) for the financials and he deleted the comment. So I take back the kudos at the opening. Also, it appears Flippa no longer indicates that a comment was deleted. That's a shame because when I see a comment by a legit user of the site is deleted, I get very suspicious and it holds the seller to a higher standard. After all, 99% of the time if an auction has multiple deleted comments, it's because they have something to hide. It was one of the few checks keeping the scammers on their guard. -1 for safe buying on Flippa if that 'feature' remains this way.

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Just in case you hadn't noticed, the hyped-up seller put in a cameo appearance at the end of this "problematic" Flippa listing.
    http://experienced-people.net/forums...n-Flippa/page3

Yeah, when I looked at the listing you referred to I wondered what you meant about him not deleting comments. All gone except yours. Maybe yours will be next to disappear. The absence of negative comments used to add a bit to the trust factor. Now what?
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Thanks
    Hmm, well you know they judge you by the company you keep! Sounds like that auction was a fitting neighborhood then...

And yeah, I don't know about the deleted comments. It seems like Flippa is shooting themselves in the foot albeit in slow motion. Making it harder to tell who are legit sellers and are not will only scare away the legit buyers which will turn the place into DigitalPoint in due time.

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FinanceGuy View Post
    Also, it appears Flippa no longer indicates that a comment was deleted.
    I didn't know this as I don't go to Flippa much nowadays.

But Flippa doing something that's against buyers' interests and making it easier for sellers to fleece buyers - now, what are the chances of that?!
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

Thanks
    To be fair, I can't tell if they are hiding deleted comments or not. I reported my deleted comment and was told that I had never posted a comment. And the other deleted comment from that auction was a spammer so they could have deleted it entirely in the database so as not to make it look like a seller was shady just for deleting spam. I don't have time to check dozens of auctions but the handful I looked at had no deleted comments listed.

What have others seen?

+ Reply to Thread