+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Facebbok is losing its way in attempts to make money

Top Contributor
    France. Between Limoges and Brive la Gaillarde.
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Facebbok is losing its way in attempts to make money

Here's a bit if discussion about the way even FB paid promotion of posts (get more likes) end up filled by click farms, actually reducing the productivity of a business page.

http://www.booooooom.com/2014/02/25/end-facebook/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chabrenas For This Useful Post:

dsieg58 (16 April 2014)

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Facebook has come under a lot of criticism lately about their ads. We have another relevant thread if this subject is of interest, in particular see the newer postings where the BBC reports on Facebook ad fraud.

http://experienced-people.net/forums...-Their-Tactics

I'm amazed that any businessperson would even consider advertising on FB these days. But they do. On forums with less Internet-savvy members, it's quite common to see people contemplating starting an advertising campaign on Facebook. Perhaps they haven't heard about the potential problems. There again, perhaps they do know about the problems and hope it'll be beneficial to do it anyway.

As I mentioned in the earlier thread, I've seen some EP members' businesses advertising on FB. It would be very helpful if they'd give us some feedback about their experience with it.
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Thanks
    I advertised for about $100 worth of promotions on FB, had a 25% off coupon that was very successful via AdWords. Total sales from FB for all that money? nada, zilch, big fat goose egg. And exactly one like for the page. There were a fair number of clicks but no actual revenue. I would be hard pressed to advertise on FB again but if they do a free promo, i.e. $50 of free advertising, I may consider it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FinanceGuy For This Useful Post:

dsieg58 (19 April 2014), Kay (19 April 2014)

Trial Member
    Thanks
    I don't think you can really compare FB advertising to AdWords, it requires a different strategy. Here is how I am using FB advertising (occasionally):

1) Promoting Posts. If I have important news that I want my page fans to see. This is unfortunate, but in order to reach the users that are fans of your page, you have to promote your posts nowadays. It wasn't always this way, in fact that was the reason for getting people to Like your page was to market to them, but that is the way it is going (http://www.adweek.com/news/technolog...h-pages-156417)

2) Mobile Apps. I use this to get downloads for a mobile app that I am promoting. Also if you do some minor app integration, you know exactly which clicks convert to downloads (which you can't do with Google, at least not with an iOS app).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JimJty For This Useful Post:

Kay (19 April 2014)

Publishing Mentor dsieg58 is a Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 565 Posts
    I spent the exact same amount of money and had the exact same result. Even down to the 1 like. I was also very successful using adwords. I even had a custom 10K list of FB users interested in the topic. The Facebook dog don't hunt.

+ Reply to Thread