Thread: Hi

Trial Member
    Thanks

Hi

Hi all, my name is Paul Kogan. I'm 38 and married with 2 kids. I work as a technology manager for a large bank, which is a pretty boring job to say the least I've been working in same division but in different positions for about 15 years.

My boredom at the office was balanced out by a number of side ventures that i started and sold of the past 9 years. 7 years ago i started a e-commerce eyeglasses business, which i'm still running with my partner.

About 2 years ago I started working on a SaaS product called shipmax that was supposed to provided small internet sellers a way to save money on shipping with large carriers. I put my life into the project, but unfortunately I had to put it on hold due to some personal circumstances.

About 6 months ago I discovered flippa and about a month ago i purchased my first blog site called healthreviewcenter. I bought it with my partner who does most of the daily tasks like posting and writing and I spend my time marketing and taking care of technical stuff.

I have discovered a new passion for websites and spend a lot of time on flippa. Although there is a lot of garbage found on flippa there are some really cool sites for sale and ideas that people come up with a implement. I'm looking to buy a few more sites in the near future and i am really glad i discovered this forum.

Thank you all.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pk63606 For This Useful Post:

Clinton (8 May 2014), Dave McM (8 May 2014), grynge (8 May 2014), JimWaller (10 May 2014), Kay (8 May 2014)

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Hi Paul, welcome to Experienced People and thanks for an interesting introduction.

Thanks also for becoming a Premium Member. I hope you find it useful. You say you're interested in buying sites. Great! We have some goodies for you in the Premium Lounge (PL) over and above all the content you'll find on the public forums. We already have the EP Guide to Due Diligence, which is a distillation of all the DD advice on EP plus some extra research. We also have a book in the pipeline about buying websites, which I hope will be finished soon. There's a chapter specifically about Flippa in it, which should interest you. But there's much more info about where to buy, what to buy, creating your own strategy to buy websites and build a portfolio, and more. It's taken months to research and write but we're getting close to finishing at last.

Judging from what you say about your job, it sounds as though you'd like to build your website portfolio (or empire!) to the extent where you could quit your job and make enough from websites. I hope we'll be able to help you to achieve that.

As you've probably noticed, this forum is quite different from most of the others. There's no hype here and we don't have any vested interests in trying to persuade you to believe in any myths.

Welcome again and I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Kay
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kay For This Useful Post:

JimWaller (10 May 2014)

New Member Mentor JimWaller is a Premium Member
    Thanks
    hi and welcome pk63606 (Paul Kogan)!

Thanks for taking a moment to introduce yourself. Here at EP, introductory posts are important as they help us get to know you and help our other members decide how much value they will place on your views and opinions.

We try to maintain a high level of quality information, and one way we do that is by following our forum rules (especially rule 3 our so-called "no fluff" rule) Our members put a lot of thought into their posts and I'm sure you'll do the same. We have very helpful members in our community, so feel free to ask questions in the appropriate forums. Who knows, another member might have the same questions you have.

Out of curiosity, how did you find us? Was it a web search, a referral by a friend, or something else? I originally came here when a friend who was already a member here told me about it.

It sems like you've already got a good start, and have an idea what you're looking for. If we can be of any assistance, don't hesitate to ask, especially in the Premium Lounge. I think you'll find the members there are especially helpful, I'm glad you've decided to become one of us. I look forward to gtting to know you better and wish you many successes in your online business ventures. I hope you'll be an active member of our community.

Kindest Regards,

Jim
    Help bring Janice home My mother-in-law was hospitalized while on vacation (holiday) We're trying to bring her home.