+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nick Kenn introducing a new way to make money in a booming industry

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts

Nick Kenn introducing a new way to make money in a booming industry

The latest Flippa email popped in this morning. Among other things it contained the subheading, "Quit Your Job and Make a Passive Income", and a short piece by Flippa's General Manager, Nick Kenn introducing Matt and Liz Raad.

Meet Matt and Liz Raad, a couple who have achieved that dream and more. They are bringing successful traditional business strategies to the online world.

Matt and Liz are buying websites that match both their core strengths and substantial business experience both online and offline.

They'll share their experience with you so you too can be a successful website investor.

This was particularly interesting for me as I'd recently read about this couple whilst doing some research for the chapter about flipping websites for my new book about buying websites. (Coming soon. Probably.)

Well, this certainly aroused my curiosity so I clicked through to read more.
    http://flippa.com/blog/matt-and-liz-...site-investor/

I don't know what your take on this is but I had so much to say about it I had to blog my reaction.
    Cosy! Flippa's new friends and the "passive income" myth.

Why not have a look at all this for yourself and share your thoughts on the matter?
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kay For This Useful Post:

Chabrenas (16 May 2014), Gabi (16 May 2014)

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Nice post on BS, Kay!

Funny how some people are "giving up the dream" - Luke Moulton, Andrew Knibbe, Dave Slutzkin .... even for a tech company it seems an unusually high churn. I wonder when Nick Kenn's conscience will catch up with him.
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

Top Contributor grynge is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 944 Posts
    Lol I love this quote
    And just like with investment property, they are looking for “fixer-uppers” – websites that need the equivalent of a kitchen/bathroom/paint job. Nothing too major – just simple little changes that make massive improvements to the cash flow and value of the sites.
    Coming from brokerage I wonder how they deal with these fixes? Hire a coder? Wonder if they let their audience know how much trouble it can be to secure a decent coder?
    And they thought me broken, that my tongue was coated lead, but I just couldn't make my words make sense to them, if you only listen with your ears ... I can't get in
    Non ducor, duco

5. The Following User Says Thank You to grynge For This Useful Post:

Chabrenas (16 May 2014)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Here's a bit I forgot to include in my blog post.

There is a boom going on... and you wanna be part of it. I'm sure there is a number of you who wish you were in on the real estate boom. Well here's your chance today if you missed that one.
    Bullshit to that too. What boom? Oh, the one that happened around 2010? But who the heck cares about that? There's money to be made telling people how to flip websites - only $1990 for their workshop.
    Here is their sales page: mattandlizraad.com/events/

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Thanks
    Please tell me where these websites that are solid earners at $20k a year that sell for 1x revenue are being sold because I've been looking for them for 10 years and haven't found them yet.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Don't be silly, Peter. You have to pay $1990 for their workshop to find that out.

aka "meathead1234" Thomas is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I've never heard of either of them, and I've been round the block a bit. I'm sure they are good at selling the dream, but everyone knows that good buying opportunities are relatively sparse (especially at 1x!) so those who get ahead either get a little lucky or build up a good infrastructure to nurture/grow sites they pay fair multiples for.

I would be surprised (from reading/watching their videos) if they had a portfolio making more than $10k/mo

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thomas For This Useful Post:

Chabrenas (16 May 2014), grynge (14 May 2014)

+ Reply to Thread