+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clever taglines

Marketing Mentor Mikl is a Premium Member
    Thanks

Clever taglines

I just saw a nice example of a tagline. It was on a van owned by a local plumber. It showed the plumber's name, followed by:

Serving Edinburgh since 7 o'clock this morning.

Not only is that witty, original and concise (all the qualities of a good tagline). It also gets across the message: We're here to help you when you need us. You won't have to wait for the office to open.

Anyone else seen any particularly memorable or effective taglines?

Mike

Thanks
    I Like how sites like viralnova and similar sites do it:

These 17 People Tried To Follow Instructions But Epically Failed. LOL… #5 Killed Me.
    These 21 People Tweeted Their Thoughts… And Probably Shouldn’t Have. LOLOLOL.
    These Kids Wrote The Weirdest Things…But Some Are Actually Kind Of Genius. And SCARY.
    Here Are 23 Criminals Who Were Completely Destroyed In The Act. #13 Really Deserved It… But #6, OMG.

Also I learned recently, from a social marketing podcast and my small tests, that writing things like "like if you agree, comment why" or "like only if you get it" etc actually work and are quire useful.

These small marketing things always amaze me. How minor changes can make your content a lot more viral.

+ Reply to Thread