Thread: Hi from the Oilfields of Texas!!!

Trial Member
    Thanks

Hi from the Oilfields of Texas!!!

My name is Kasey and I'm new to owning a website and I found this forum. It all seems a bit overwhelming. But I'm sure with patience and enough coffee I may be able to persevere. I just bought my first "site in a box" and its a headache already. Just wanted to introduce myself. Thanks

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Hi Kasey. Welcome to Experienced People! How y'all doin'? (Sorry for the feeble attempt to speak Texan.)

Thanks for introducing yourself. It's always helpful to get to know our members. What kind of "site in a box" did you buy? Was it a turnkey site on Flippa? What's giving you the headaches with it? The techie stuff or the nitty gritty of making some money out of it. Hope we can help whatever it is.

I know what you mean about things seeming overwhelming. There are so many tasks to do, it's often difficult to know where to start. Once you've figured that out, you can usually break them down into chunks and tackle them one at a time.

Good luck on your new venture!
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kay For This Useful Post:

JimWaller (4 July 2014), kdock (4 July 2014)

Trial Member
    Thanks
    Hi Kay. What a fast response. I bought a ready made amazon website. The guy I bought it from gave me the admin login and password and transferred it to my godaddy account. Now after selling just one item, to you know who, hes banned from flippa for some reason and now I cant contact him. Its a nice little site that updates everything automatically but the problem Im having is theres a couple categories I would like to add. I can add a category and node and it shows up on the website. The problem im having is adding the actual product for the category. It ask for the asin# than the category and a check box if I want to publish it. The problem is when I put the asin number in a gray box appears with a searching symbol but nothing happens. Wondering if Im putting it in wrong or what. Ive tried all kinds of different ways. the asin# Im trying to make work is [[ASIN removed - it's not necessary for the thread and will only encourage people to go and look at that product. The ASIN works OK. Admin.]] is there anything else I need to put with it? Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by Kay; 4 July 2014 at 6:19 am. Reason: Removed product ASIN