+ Reply to Thread

Thread: online ad sales agencies in the UK

Trial Member
    Thanks

online ad sales agencies in the UK

Hello

I am a publisher currently using valueclick to sell my ads and am unhappy with the level of service especially since they moved the outfit to the US. It's impossible to speak to someone and the service is really awful, not tailored to my content at all.

I wondered if anyone can recommend any quality UK based online ad sales agencies that work, as value click do, on commission only but provide real human beings to deal with to help publishers monetise and grow.

We're a bootstrapped start up in the women's health arena.

aka "meathead1234" Thomas is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    How many ad impressions do you have a month right now? I have some good contacts if you have scale.

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Hi, welcome to Experienced People. I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question in as much as I don't use Value Click or similar. I am also a UK-based publisher and I monetise my sites by other means, eg AdSense and via affiliate programmes. On the affiliate side of things I prefer to work through the big networks because it's far less time consuming than dealing directly with individual advertisers. My personal favourite of the networks is AffiliateWindow. However, AffiliateFuture is pretty good too and might be a better fit for your niche. Of course, you can join both - and more networks too if you choose and then select specific merchants and promotions for each specific page on your site. Both AWin and AFut are UK-based.

The quality of "human" varies. Some merchants have affiliate managers who are on the ball and very proactive in helping you to sell their goods and services. Some are clueless. Actually "cluelesss" is a compliment to some of them. But you can always give them a try.

Well, that didn't exactly answer your question, but I hope it was of some help anyway.

Good luck and do tell us how you get on.
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Trial Member
    Thanks
    Hi everyone, yes thank you so much for the replies. We are relaunching a bigger site in September and taking advantage of a high conversion rate we have with our affiliates, so yes we're on this though I haven't tried affiliate future, so thanks for the tip.

Right now tracking at 50-60,000 users a month (In July so far we have had 55,506 ad impressions) and we just turned one year old, so we're still a small scale though the growth rate is good as all our content is original (and there's MASSES of it). Our current hits are through social alone, we have had no digital marketing or PR done.

If anyone wants to PM me it's [[Edit: email addresses aren't allowed in posts. Rule 7 violation. Please read forum rules. Kay]]
    Last edited by Kay; 31 July 2014 at 5:11 am. Reason: Rule violation

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    This sounds pretty good - well done!

However, have you checked the sources of traffic carefully? I have sometimes been surprised at how much traffic a new site was getting and further investigation revealed that much of it was rogue traffic, ie from India, China, etc. That led to a battle where I was spending as much time trying to reduce the traffic as I was building it. I guess it doesn't matter to some people but I don't like having those types on my sites because they're usually up to no good. Plus they contaminate the stats. I put IP blocks on them. (It doesn't usually work very well. LOL)

May I ask how you're running your current affiliate programme? In house? Via a third party? Are you satisfied with it?

I'm not sure what you mean by "our current hits are through social alone". Do you mean you're using Facebook, Twitter, et al to drive traffic to your site? Are they the sole source of your traffic. I'm just curious that's all, because most people at least try to get listed in the search engines even if they don't actively pursue trying to get traffic from them.
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

aka "meathead1234" Thomas is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    With 50-60k visits a month you're not going to find a UK network interested in helping you grow or proactively selling your ad space. Once you get to around 1m pageviews a month you start becoming interesting to the larger networks who would work closely with you.

I haven't used them myself, but you should try Glam Media in the UK - they might accept a smaller site like yours if the content is good and it's aimed at women. I have seen a few sites do well with them.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thomas For This Useful Post:

Clinton (31 July 2014), crabfoot (31 July 2014), Kay (31 July 2014)

+ Reply to Thread