Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts

The sun has got his hat on...

Hip hip hip hooray
    The sun has got his hat on
    And I've got online today!

(With a proper connection.)

Oh, what a torture this last week has been. I could barely do anything, and there were so many things I wanted to do but had to postpone them. Now I feel like I could do anything!

I can't go for more than a few hours without it or I start feeling anxious. How do you cope without a decent Internet connection?
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Marketing Mentor Mikl is a Premium Member
    Thanks
    Good to hear it, Kay. It must be quite a relief.

Mike

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Oh yes. What a relief. I was tearing my hair out before. Things are rapidly getting back to normal. I'm still on the laptop at the dining table but I've got a new desktop and Dave has been transferring all my files onto that. With any luck, I be onto that this afternoon.

I'm all nicely set up for Amazon/Kindle too (or at least I hope I am!). The laptop is assigned to Amazon .co.uk and the desktop is intended to be Amazon.com (just like before).

The laptop is on Windows 8.1 and I really don't like the Kindle set up on that. Maybe it's just because I don't know how to use it. The last version I had of a Kindle library enabled me to create "collections" but I can't see how to do that on this version. I expect there's some kind of help on the Amazon site about how to use it. I liked the old version fine. Sometimes I think people change things just for the sake of change. The old way worked perfectly and now, as far as I'm concerned, they fixed what wasn't broken.

PS: Talking about Amazon reminded me, I signed up for Prime about 5 minutes after I got the broadband connection. I'm loving it so far!

PPS: I started a new thread about the Kindle app problem:
    http://experienced-people.net/forums...-Windows-8-app
    Last edited by Kay; 1 August 2014 at 10:17 am. Reason: to add PS
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

+ Reply to Thread