Thread: Newbie

Trial Member
    Thanks

Hello All, wanted to introduce myself, Tejinder Virk from Toronto Canada. Looking forward to learning and networking with those experienced in the online world. Starting to get my feet wet!

Moderator Kay is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Hi Tejindervirk,

Welcome to Experienced People. Thanks for subscribing to Premium Membership. I hope you find it useful. Good luck with your online business plans? There are literally hundreds of different ways to earn money online. Have you any ideas about how you might start? What kind of things are you interested in doing? We'll be able to help you more if you tell us more about yourself and your objectives.
    British Expat - helping people to live and work abroad since the year 2000.

The joy of Internet delivery - the cartoon illustrating this will make you laugh!

Trial Member
    Thanks
    Hi Tejinder,

Welcome, I'm a fellow Canadian (and did live in Toronto, too but am presently in China until July). There's a lot of useful information here. One thing I will say if you're getting into this and dealing with USD and American banks there's some annoying things you'll run into at many Canadian banks (like PayPal and some of their competitors not working with them, even if they're USD bank accounts) and it's easier to do all your stuff at a bank that can simplify cross-border transfers. There's a few of the big banks that do this now through either a US bank that they completely control or though agreements they have. I had a nightmare of a time getting things setup properly with that from abroad (it's much easier if you're physically in Canada when doing it). It's fairly likely you'll have to figure out the US banking system if you haven't already (the RBC Bank website, not to be confused with the RBC Royal Bank website explains a lot of the US terms and how they map onto Canadian ones, it's something I wish I'd found earlier). I've personally found opportunities within Canada to be substantially more limited than what I found state-side.

Good luck.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to timginn For This Useful Post:

dsieg58 (18 September 2014)

Trial Member
    Thanks
    Thank you, RBC makes sense, I will look into that right away. Much appreciated eh!

I am looking into purchasing an established site and investing time into education my time into understanding various models and the pros and cons if each. Forums such as this are invaluable inorder to build a network and learn from others who likely have gone through a similar learning curve. Thank you for welcoming me!
    Last edited by Kay; 19 September 2014 at 8:44 am. Reason: To merge posts