+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated my profile pic

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,027 Times in 1,683 Posts

Updated my profile pic

I lost two stone (about 13 Kgs) and look completely different to my old profile picture so I updated the profile pic for you to see my new scary look

Whadayathink?
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

Dormant Account
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    I lost two stone (about 13 Kgs) and look completely different to my old profile picture so I updated the profile pic for you to see my new scary look

Whadayathink?
    Clinton,

Is that really you?

I rather liked the one of you in a pink tutu - don't ask me why.

You look so different in the new one More executive-like to be sure, but less approachable.

Andy

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    Holy Crap, you less much less "buddha-like" now.

Congrats on the weight loss, to say that it shows would be an incredible understatement.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yeah, it's me. I had converted my shed with a treadmill, bike, multigym etc (and a TV/DVD) and have been using it a bit.

I'm in a t-shirt and jogging bottoms most days. This is one of the very, very rare occasions I put a tie on (thanks to a nephew who very inconsiderately decided to get married and have a reception).

So I took a photo to mark the occasion
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    Scary.

Well done on the weight loss though and it's great that you're combining it with exercise.

If you don't mind me offering some advice (I have a lot of experience with this sort of thing) whatever exercise you're doing, don't go hell for leather and set a standard that you cna't maintain. Doing a little but often, is much much better for you than busting a gut every now and then. Patience and a long term perspective are vital to maintaining a good exercise regime.

Applogies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs. (Although they're great for bulking up on protein.... )

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMcClure View Post
    Applogies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs. (Although they're great for bulking up on protein.... )
    Eggs are often overlooked by people trying to build mass, but they really are a wonder food.

Congrats on the weightloss and new scary look Clinton!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    LOL.

No combining with anything. I'm not dieting at all, I like my food. It was all just exercise - done in moderate quantities - over the last year or so. But I agree about pacing it. I lost under a kilo a month, I understand the maximum is 4 Kg/month

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    You lost two stone just through exercise? Wow, you must have been going some it's not easy to lose weight just by burning calories although the fitter you get the more muscle mass you have and the more energy you use to maintain them so it's kinda a positive feedback loop. The best way to lose weight though, by miles, is to eat less. Thing is,the more muscle you build (and I just mean toning up not doing an arnie) the more you weigh because muscle is heavier than fat so the best stat for monitoring progress isn't your weight but your muscle to body fat ratio.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I hit a plateau after I lost the first eight kgs. So I gave it a break for a bit and started up again, this time with interval training. You must remember I lost that weight over a long time, so it isn't that fantastic an achievement.

From a brief fling with semi-pro long distance running in my teens and a stint in the military later I did get some coaching on warming up and cooling down and metabolism and carbohydrates and stuff. But, yes, eating less is a good idea. My problem is that I married one of the best cooks in the country. I get a hot, cooked meal for lunch and a different one for dinner. And I ain't giving that up.

How come you're an expert in this, Rich?

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    I hit a plateau after I lost the first eight kgs. So I gave it a break for a bit and started up again, this time with interval training. You must remember I lost that weight over a long time, so it isn't that fantastic an achievement.
    It's better than it sounds when you consider that because muscle weighs more you actually lost more fat than you're accounting for, it's just that some of was replaced with muscle. It's not uncommon to actually put weight on the more training you do. Like I said, it's the body fat to muscle ratio that matters.

How come you're an expert in this, Rich?
    I'm not an expert, just spent a lot of time around people who are and done a lot of fitness training myself over the years. I think the most I learned was back when I was traiining with some kickboxers, man those boys are fit and they know how to train. It's easy to spot the bad trainers, if you're really sore after your first session then they don't know what they're doing.

+ Reply to Thread