+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Joke Listings at Flippa

Dormant Account
    Thanks

Joke Listings at Flippa

Apparently a few people at Flippa are sick and tired of seeing the same person repeatedly listing their site for sale at an absurd price, so they have put together some listings to mock him:

http://flippa.com/auctions/107332/Fr...a-social-media
    http://flippa.com/auctions/107509/So...mmm-thats-good

The funny part is that the idiot who bid on these is going to get banned for non-payment, and the one seller is going to get nagged about paying a success fee for the next month or so.

I wonder if these sales will be included in Flippa's "turnover"?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to benitez17 For This Useful Post:

Clinton (6 October 2010)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by benitez17 View Post
    Apparently a few people at Flippa are sick and tired of seeing the same person repeatedly listing their site for sale at an absurd price
    I remember seeing that same listing over and again. Was the seller just using Flippa as a PR machine?

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooperman View Post
    I remember seeing that same listing over and again. Was the seller just using Flippa as a PR machine?
    Maybe. He wouldn't be the first person to do so. $19 to get your site in front of thousands of potential customers is a good deal.

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,027 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Nice one, benitez17, hilarious! Well spottted.

It seems he's mocking the Flippa user called friedeggs and his auctions. Both seller and buyer can avoid success fees etc., if they prove the transaction never went ahead and the domain didn't change hands. It's one for Flippa's customer support to handle. A few such auctions every week would play havoc with their already overstretched customer services.

I enjoyed it so much that if the sellers, KoveN and okorou, give me their Paypal address I'll refund the full cost of those listings. (Someone drop them a PM if you can, I'm not in the office for a few days and can't remember my Flippa password). Maybe I can start a competition here for the funniest Flippa listing.

The fact that people are bidding with no intention of paying suggests they don't value their Flippa accounts very much and it's easy to see why - it's a piece of cake to open a new account and get it telephone verified as we've discussed elsewhere on these boards.

In case Flippa has a sense of humour failure (not unknown) and removes the threads (definitely not unknown):
    Don't miss your chance!
    FriedEggs will be in the next 72 hours better than Twitter + Facebook!
    In only the next 48 hours FriedEggs will be in the US Top 1000 Alexa rankings.
    What we sell is the best two domain name associated to FriedEggs phenomenon:
    FriedEggs.us fits perfectly for the US market as at FriedEggs.us we only see value for US citizens
    FriedEggs.mobi to stay in touch with all the mobile applications and services

Why We're selling?
    We need to go in holydays the next week-end. We all promised our wives to take them to the restaurant (McDonald or KFC) + a princess night in a motel ....
    Wow, get a load of this potential opportunity!!! Friedeggs.biz will be the biggest social site in the history of the internet or maybe just flippa; anyway…, we believe Friedeggs.biz will be so popular soon, that it has the potential of having over 5,000,000,000 hits in the next month, even more than Facebook and Google combine..

...so bid high, and bid often, or else we will , ha ha, just kidding, but seriously, this could be a game changer. ...buy it now today.

Last edited by Clinton; 25 September 2010 at 2:51 pm. Reason: added quotes
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    This seems like far too much fun. *Must resist urge to list google.com*

+ Reply to Thread