Are spammers really stupid or what? Well, I think they are but worse still they must think that we (mods/admins) are stupid too. I'm not talking about the Nokia and Nike rubbish - they don't even try to be subtle. I mean the people who actually think they can con you.
Over the years I think I've seen every dirty trick in the book that spammers use to try to con us. I'll list some. Can you think of any more?
- Q&A Joining with one identity, posting a question. Coming back with a new ID and answering their own question with a 'recommendation'.
- Going back and editing a post to add spammy links.
- Posting 'invisible' links in the body of their post.
- Joining to 'recommend' an amazing product or service they've just found.
- Posting fluff to get a sig link.
- Posting fluff to get that sig link seen.
- Asking for website reviews. Please review my cr@ppy website.
- Introducing their business not themselves.
There must be heaps more but for some reason I can't think of them right now. Add yours!