+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to ALL of this.

Dormant Account
    Thanks

New to ALL of this.

Hi

My name is Gerry, I live in Ayrshire, Scotland with my wife and 16 month old son. I have 2 step daughters (23 & 21) who both live on their own now.

I have been trying for a while to come up with some ideas on how to make some extra money as to my surprise babies are quite expensive ;-)

I do a lot of surveys but not only are they time consuming but your reward at the end is usually just points that you try to collate until you have enough for a 5 voucher - hardly seems worth the effort at times.

So I did another search on Google and found this site. A lot of what was being spoken about seems like double dutch to me. Don't get me wrong, I am an educated guy and extremely good at IT but still, I have no experience in creating/upgrading/buying or selling domains etc.

So, that brings me to here. I want to try and find ways to make extra income, also to try and find something that my wife can do while I am at work. I decided that other than just read some of the ideas in here it would be preferable to join the community in case I come across anything I don't understand.

I will continue reading all of the previous posts until I can raise some decent questions or ask for any help in any ideas that I have, until then I will probably be pretty quiet.

Don't get me wrong, if anyone has a great idea that they would like to share then feel free to contact me straight away, until then.......

Cheers and best regards to all

Hoopsah

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsah For This Useful Post:

Clinton (16 February 2011)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Hi Hoopsah and welcome to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopsah View Post
    I will continue reading all of the previous posts until I can raise some decent questions or ask for any help in any ideas that I have...
    Ask away, no problem too small.

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,945 Times in 1,651 Posts
    Hi Hoopsah and welcome to experienced-people.net

Like hoop says (oh no! we've got two hoops!), ask away. The posters who do the most to foster interesting discussions are the ones who ask good questions!

Don't get me wrong, if anyone has a great idea that they would like to share then feel free to contact me straight away, until then.......
    That's a bit of an invitation for PM spam. We have a rule here that anyone who wants to promote their business on this site can't contact you by PM. He's got to demonstrate his expertise via his posts and wait for customers to contact him, not the other way around
    Show your support - Like us on Facebook

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Hi Clinton / Hooperman,

thanks for the welcome.

Sorry too Clinton, that paragraph was meant firmly tounge in cheek, but I see what you are saying, just opening myself up to all sorts of abuse there.

Hooperman, beleive me, once I get a bit of a clue what is going on you will get sick of the site of me (Just ask my friends in the VBA forums)

Thanks again for the welcome guys

See you all soon

Hoopsah

+ Reply to Thread