+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who makes their entire living from the internet?

Established Member
    Thanks

Who makes their entire living from the internet?

Just curious, who here makes all their money online and who is moving towards achieving that? When do you see it happening?

If you're making a living online, what do you do?

I have a portfolio of sites that make money in different ways. I sell text links, I am part of a few affiliate programs and make a penny or two from Adsense.

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    I have a portfolio of sites that makes a nice amount of money from text and banner ads and some services that I offer, but I also work as an engineer and have some more traditional investments that generate income.

I don't know that I ever would want to totally rely on any one source of income because of the risk involved in putting all my eggs in one basket.

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Six View Post
    Just curious, who here makes all their money online and who is moving towards achieving that? When do you see it happening?
    I'm moving towards that as I still have a conventional "job". I've got a smorgasbord of sites, but most of the revenue is generated by a core of around 7 sites via Adsense, CJ Affiliates, Amazon, etc in that order. I do have a product in the pipeline which I plan to launch later this year that will "crush it"

I can see myself being in a position to give up the day job maybe in a couple of years. I like the reassurance of not being so dependent on my job, but whether I would actually give it up, I don't know. I think it would depend on how things take off with my online ventures.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Six View Post
    I have a portfolio of sites that make money in different ways. I sell text links, I am part of a few affiliate programs and make a penny or two from Adsense.
    Is that your sole income, or do you get money from other sources that supplements your online stuff, if you don't mind me asking?

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    I am currently making a living online by selling off profitable websites. I try to focus on sites that can be sold anywhere from $50,000 to $3 million, otherwise they are not really worth my time as I put in the same amount of effort to sell off a low value site as I do a high value site. My only issue is that it is not a recurring revenue model. Much like a real estate agent, there are definitely highs and lows and you constantly have to be marketing yourself and seeking out new business.

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Everything I earn is online but I'm a mum first so it's all bonus cash not something that has replaced a job so to speak....site flipping, AdSense, affiliate marketing, niche marketing, blogging, product creation. It's my husband's job that we're working toward replacing online but his salary is significant so I have my work cut out for me! I couldn't say when I'll hit that level of income but I'm damn well working on it hard, kids and all, and loving every minute of it.

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,660 Posts
    Fantastic stuff.

I earn all my money online. I'll do a thread about it one day but the short version is that I earn from affiliate programs, Adsense, text link sales, selling software, generating leads for the finance industry, CPM ads, you name it. I've lost track myself. Sometimes I get a Paypal payment of a few thousand and have to scratch my head figuring out where it's come from. But it was not always so. Five years ago I owned and ran an IT company manufacturing high-end PCs, video editing equipment and servers. But it involved long hours, a lot of stress dealing with suppliers, couriers, staff, customers, regulations etc. I wasn't getting to spend much time with my family. It was a big step to chuck all that away to work from home but it was the best thing I did careerwise.

I do have a product in the pipeline which I plan to launch later this year that will "crush it"
    I can't wait. Can you tell us anything about it now?
    Show your support - Like us on Facebook

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    I can't wait. Can you tell us anything about it now?
    Funny should should say that

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    Just wanted to chime in...

I don't make anywhere near as much money online as I do offline. If anything that really holds me back from working as hard as I should online.

When you're extremely comfortable, it's tough to put in the hard work to become successful online.

Established Member
    Thanks
    Is that your sole income, or do you get money from other sources that supplements your online stuff, if you don't mind me asking?
    Sole income. No other investments. Should split the eggs into different baskets at some point but no basket currently offers the same kind of return as buying profitable websites.

Thanks
    I've been making all my income online for over 4 years now. It's a mix of adsense, affiliate sales, domain sales, sometimes (rarely) site sales and link sales. I get most of the traffic from SEO, but also have some frequently updated sites with established readership.

+ Reply to Thread