+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Pushing An Info Product

  1. #11
    Dormant Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,284
    Thanks
    184
    Thanked 97 Times in 78 Posts
    Rep Power
    21
    Thanks benitez, I was hoping you'd chime in as I thought you had experience in this area.

    Michelle's advice has been very useful as it's made me think more about the pre-sales process. Previously I'd been focusing more on building traffic and thinking about the content. I'm not much of a "marketer" really.

    Your subscribers pay a monthly fee: does that mean you're obliged to provide them with new content on a regular basis? I'm not too keen on a commitment like this, and I know that Michelle also mentioned a support forum (in the case of a membership site) - also something I'm not keen on. In a perfect world I want to be able to deliver the videos to the buyers' expectations and have no further obligations, apart from sorting out problems they have with the videos.

    Can I ask: how are you running your membership site (if that's what is is)? Are you using Joomla or something like that?

    Quote Originally Posted by benitez17 View Post
    I listed the site on Clickbank and use them to process the monthly subscriptions, which I have not had many issues with, but I have been very disappointed with the number of publishers who have been promoting the site.
    I'm not too familiar with CB, but I get the feeling that products in certain niches do better than others. If you have a "Google Quick Cash Domination Killer" style product, I'm sure you'll do OK Not so sure about the kind of video tutorials I want to offer. Maybe that's just my preconceptions...

    Quote Originally Posted by benitez17 View Post
    I spent a lot of time working on SE rankings when I started the site and no other sites in the niche seem to do any work in that area, so I get most of my new business from Google and Yahoo searches.
    I've got good search traffic for people searching for terms related to my product. I'm hoping to turn them into customers, and I think that's why I've neglected the subscriber list.

    Thanks benitez, your comments help.

  2. #12
    Dormant Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 277 Times in 199 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by hooperman View Post
    Thanks benitez, I was hoping you'd chime in as I thought you had experience in this area.

    Michelle's advice has been very useful as it's made me think more about the pre-sales process. Previously I'd been focusing more on building traffic and thinking about the content. I'm not much of a "marketer" really.
    Michelle's advice has been helpful to me as well. I was serious when I said that I'd like to hire her to help promote my site. I'm not a marketer either, and I would love to partner up with someone who needs help monetizing sites or needs technical assistance because those are my strengths. I have tried to hire someone a couple different times, but haven't had any success finding the right person.

    Quote Originally Posted by hooperman View Post
    Your subscribers pay a monthly fee: does that mean you're obliged to provide them with new content on a regular basis? I'm not too keen on a commitment like this, and I know that Michelle also mentioned a support forum (in the case of a membership site) - also something I'm not keen on. In a perfect world I want to be able to deliver the videos to the buyers' expectations and have no further obligations, apart from sorting out problems they have with the videos.
    The site is partially automated, but there is some manual updating that has to be done on a daily basis. It takes an hour or so a day. It's the downside of having a content driven subscription site. The upside is the nice recurring revenue stream that the site provides, and I am happy with the trade-off. If it weren't something that interested me, I could contract the work out as it's not very difficult.

    Quote Originally Posted by hooperman View Post
    Can I ask: how are you running your membership site (if that's what is is)? Are you using Joomla or something like that?
    It's a custom built PHP site. I originally built it as a learning experience and to collect the data for myself because there wasn't any useful site in the niche that I could find at the time, and once I had the rough edges polished off, I opened it up to other people.

    Quote Originally Posted by hooperman View Post
    I'm not too familiar with CB, but I get the feeling that products in certain niches do better than others. If you have a "Google Quick Cash Domination Killer" style product, I'm sure you'll do OK Not so sure about the kind of video tutorials I want to offer. Maybe that's just my preconceptions...
    I don't disagree with this comment, and suspect that it is part of my problem with attracting people to promote the site. My site is focused on a particular segment of the financial sector, and doesn't lend itself to the type of marketing used by most Clickbank promoters. I have started to look outside Clickbank to joining CPA networks as an advertiser, but haven't had much time to follow up on it. Most of the big networks are looking for bigger commitments than I am willing to provide at this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by hooperman View Post
    I've got good search traffic for people searching for terms related to my product. I'm hoping to turn them into customers, and I think that's why I've neglected the subscriber list.

    Thanks benitez, your comments help.
    Glad to be of assistance, I'm glad you started the thread because I got a lot out of this thread as well. Hopefully Michelle or another knowledgeable marketer will come along and give some more helpful suggestions.

  3. #13
    Top Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,315
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked 872 Times in 448 Posts
    Rep Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by benitez17 View Post
    I would love to partner up with someone who needs help monetizing sites or needs technical assistance because those are my strengths. I have tried to hire someone a couple different times, but haven't had any success finding the right person.
    I'm in the opposite boat, I prefer the marketing and the such and have limited technical skills (e.g. I can install software, mods, etc... but I don't code).

    I partnered up with a great overseas programmer on a project and would have loved to have kept working with him but he went to university so he had to put his technical skills on hold. I actually spoke with him for over an hour today discussing his new project that he has started work on with summer vacation coming up. He really is wasting his time in University (he is taking economics) but oh well.

  4. #14
    Dormant Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by hooperman View Post
    And I know nothing about building subscriber lists. I'm going to search for some information later when I get the chance, but any recommendations for homework reading are appreciated!
    I recommend you read this post by Josh Spaulding. Don't over complicate it.

    Quote Originally Posted by hooperman View Post
    Michelle's advice has been very useful as it's made me think more about the pre-sales process. Previously I'd been focusing more on building traffic and thinking about the content. I'm not much of a "marketer" really.
    It's great that you have built up the content and traffic, that's the hard part! An opt-in form and free video/report is easy.

    Your subscribers pay a monthly fee: does that mean you're obliged to provide them with new content on a regular basis? I'm not too keen on a commitment like this, and I know that Michelle also mentioned a support forum (in the case of a membership site) - also something I'm not keen on. In a perfect world I want to be able to deliver the videos to the buyers' expectations and have no further obligations, apart from sorting out problems they have with the videos.
    If you want it to be hands off then you could simply deliver the content via your Get Response account. If it's a six month membership for example, in month one you send me the link/s to the video/s then you schedule the month two email and so on. Again, it doesn't need to be complicated to work. If you want it to appear a little more fancy you can use a WordPress blog to embed your videos etc.

    I'm not too familiar with CB, but I get the feeling that products in certain niches do better than others. If you have a "Google Quick Cash Domination Killer" style product, I'm sure you'll do OK Not so sure about the kind of video tutorials I want to offer. Maybe that's just my preconceptions...
    I don't know if this product is any good but it has a huge gravity score: satellitedirect.tv
    These are a few examples of other products with good gravity scores:
    woodworking4home.com/
    kingdomofpets.com/
    phonedetective.com/

    You're right that some products won't be as popular as others with affiliates but if the product converts you only have to whisper that in the right places and the affiliates will be all over it.

  5. #15
    Dormant Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,284
    Thanks
    184
    Thanked 97 Times in 78 Posts
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    I recommend you read this post by Josh Spaulding. Don't over complicate it.
    Thanks for the link. My reading list is getting bigger - and that's a good thing!

    This thread has been really helpful for me, so thanks for everyone's advice

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. FP - Dot com v dot Info
    By stu in forum Site Flipping
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23 March 2012, 9:29 am

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts