+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My arsenal of tools

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 Times in 1,683 Posts
    I like the idea of "If This Then That" but ... heck, it's not a software download. The site wants me to give it access to everything I do online - my gmail account, my facebook account, Twitter, YouTube, email accounts ... everything!

Jeez, do people actually sign up for stuff like this and give a completely unknown company full access to all their logins? I went to the About page to see if I could learn anything about the company itself, but nada ... nothing at all! Yet, if I want to best use their service, I have to give them unrestricted access to all my personal and work emails, my admin login to this site and every other site I visit, logins to my escrow accounts.... passwords to all my databases. With that kind of access one rogue employee in the company could clean me out - take all my domains and websites, reset my Paypal password, empty my bank account!
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    I like the idea of "If This Then That" but ... heck, it's not a software download. The site wants me to give it access to everything I do online - my gmail account, my facebook account, Twitter, YouTube, email accounts ... everything!

Jeez, do people actually sign up for stuff like this and give a completely unknown company full access to all their logins? I went to the About page to see if I could learn anything about the company itself, but nada ... nothing at all! Yet, if I want to best use their service, I have to give them unrestricted access to all my personal and work emails, my admin login to this site and every other site I visit, logins to my escrow accounts.... passwords to all my databases. With that kind of access one rogue employee in the company could clean me out - take all my domains and websites, reset my Paypal password, empty my bank account!
    Agreed, thats pretty crazy! I liked the idea of it and it sounded great, but thats like handing your life over to a stranger, and it would be extremely easy to walk away with everything you owned haha. Are we missing something?

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    I swear by adminer for Mysql management - it's one file you upload and you're good to go! No software install, no creation of diretories.

Top Contributor grynge is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 944 Posts
    I just found a little useful tool for giving you ideas about headlines and then maybe a story to go with the headline.

Portents Content Idea Generator

It seems to be free and has given me a few ideas on the first few tries.
    And they thought me broken, that my tongue was coated lead, but I just couldn't make my words make sense to them, if you only listen with your ears ... I can't get in
    Non ducor, duco

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grynge For This Useful Post:

Chabrenas (16 May 2014), Clinton (16 May 2014), Kay (17 May 2014), KenW3 (16 May 2014)

Top Contributor grynge is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 944 Posts
    User Testing is offering a free peek into your website, basically they get a random person to video themselves wandering around your site, if you don't want to hand over an email
    mine came through for my handles site http://peek.usertesting.com/result/0...?autoplay=true
    rather interesting and from it I found two ways I can improve the user experience

it is easy when you work on a site to know your way around but listening to someone wander around does open the eyes somewhat.
    And they thought me broken, that my tongue was coated lead, but I just couldn't make my words make sense to them, if you only listen with your ears ... I can't get in
    Non ducor, duco

7. The Following User Says Thank You to grynge For This Useful Post:

crabfoot (4 June 2014)

+ Reply to Thread