+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apple Stock are you keeping or selling?

Hybrid View

Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,726 Times in 916 Posts

Apple Stock are you keeping or selling?

I was just curious with Steve Jobs passing away what do you think the future of Apple is?

I have some stocks in Apple (even though I don't like the products) I realised the value in the market place. Last time jobs left the company it became a shell of what it was previously. Any thoughts with Tim Cook CEO having a background in Accounting and Industrial Engineering, having previously worked for Compaq and IBM. I have to wonder if he has the pizazz to keep the Apple Followers on track and purchasing merchandise. Stock being at the top of its range my thinking is maybe it's time for me to sell and look at some other stock. Watch how it goes over the next few years and maybe purchase again if they can keep on track.

What are your thoughts?
    Never cast a shadow in your life, Fell asleep for longer then we like, Seemed to pass the same moon every night, It's only bright enough to show a lack of light.
    Non ducor, duco

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    I don't own it. I am thinking about shorting it or buying some puts.

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 664 Posts
    I expect a short-term reaction to the news. The stock took a momentary hit when he resigned on August 24th, but went higher two days later.

The old adage of: "Buy the rumor, sell the news" applies here. Creative genius is lost, but company fundamentals remain. It was known he was sick.

AAPL is trading down in pre-market. It entered a down-trend September 21st. It looked like it was going to do a retrace to 390 or so, before heading down to support at 355, but this news should change that. I would be willing to add more at this short-term support (or on a break-out to a new high), but won't be doing anything here.

Established Member
    Thanks
    As KenW3 says, its been no secret he was very ill so that would be priced in to a great degree.

The more concerning thing would be the 4s release as it was hardly groundbreaking

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 664 Posts
    Grynge, Reading an article today on Apple stock made me think of this thread. Benitez17, This may be the time for some puts

Parabolic move makes Apple a short

I have read Dr. Elder's books and trust his analysis, but never take any advice on stock purchases or sales; I make the stock prove the move using buy stops and sell stops at key levels of support and resistance.

It is entirely possible that AAPL could retrace and move higher, but locking in some profits and rebalancing is never a bad idea the way this chart looks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KenW3 For This Useful Post:

Clinton (20 April 2012)

+ Reply to Thread