+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rules For Posting a Value My Website Request

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 Times in 1,683 Posts

Rules For Posting a Value My Website Request

All requests for valuation of websites go in this section only. You don't need a minimum number of posts to post a valuation request - this section is open to all.

Some rules apply as partial information is always a source of unnecessary back and forth questions in the thread and very frustrating for those trying to help. So you need to provide some info right at the start. The info needs to be in your post itself, simply linking to the information on a third party page is not enough. The description you type up has to be unique and not a copy of information posted elsewhere. Don't cut and paste from your Flippa or DP or some other listing!

Include all of the following:

1. URL must be disclosed in the thread but it must not be a link. Example: experienced-people dot net rather than http://www.experienced-people.net or my site.

2. Site must have at least 3 months' history of profits and be currently operational. New sites, non-earning sites, parked domains etc., are not currently allowed.

3. No "adult", pharma, gambling or illegal sites ("illegal" includes sites/domains that are in violation of trademarks/copyright) are allowed.

4. Figures for traffic and earning must be disclosed. Don't make people ask you for the basics!

5. Only one website valuation per thread. You can include multiple domains but only if they form part of the same earning network.

If you're reluctant to disclose part or all of that information that's perfectly understandable, but then you can't expect people to value your website on these forums. You can post a thread in another section asking for related advice such as how and where to put it up for sale etc., but don't make that a disguised valuation request.

If you have any questions please contact one of the mods.
    Last edited by Kay; 22 January 2014 at 7:27 am. Reason: update about what types of sites are allowed

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    To answer a question I got a few days ago - any online business that meets the above can be posted.

So, for example, you could request valuation on a foreign language site, a UGC property such as a Squidoo lens, or a database. It does not need to meet any ethical standards either (but bear in mind that if it's considered scammy it could attract some sharp comments).
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Valuation threads aren't "temporary" threads.

I sometimes get PMs from the original poster requesting I delete the thread. Please don't even ask.

The reason usually given is that the thread is showing up in search engines. But if others have taken the time and trouble to answer your valuation request, I'm not going to delete all their posts just to help your SEO! That would be a disservice to them. Besides, the thread needs to add to the body of discussion here. It could help future readers researching what sites have value and why.

Even if nobody has posted a reply in your thread I'm still not deleting it - that's a bad precedent to set and puts an extra moderation burden on us.

Do a search for inurl:experienced-people.net. There are a lot of pages all over the net mentioning our domain name or discussing it. Scroll down those listings and you'll see pages from domainttools.com, serversiders.com, alexa.com, urldogg and many others. They even put my domain name in their URI to try and rank higher! You can't get those sites to remove a page that has info about or talks about your domain so please don't ask me either.
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

+ Reply to Thread