+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Useful sites and tools.

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Rogsmith, I'm new to E-P too, and fairly new to the buying and selling of websites. I just want you to know from another "newbie" perspective that I sincerely appreciate your participation on these forums and all of your questions. I look around for your threads because they will be full of useful information.

I think we joined around the same day, and as I try to immerse myself in the E-P culture I'm realizing that there are a few major players on this forum who are always there to help, no matter what. No ones perfect, mistakes will be made, but like you I'm here to learn.

Just thank you and please keep it up

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrewD For This Useful Post:

KenW3 (15 January 2012), rogsmith (15 January 2012)

Top Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewD View Post
    I think we joined around the same day, and as I try to immerse myself in the E-P culture I'm realizing that there are a few major players on this forum who are always there to help, no matter what. No ones perfect, mistakes will be made, but like you I'm here to learn.
    Please be aware that while there are major players here, they are heavily involved in business and have responsibilities to themselves and their families. It is not reasonable to assume they will 'always' be there to help those who will not help themselves.

Someone pushing for answers with numerous questions in three days is not taking the time to learn what is available on these forums. People are here to share, not to become unpaid consultants to new users.

Everyone here is respectful and takes responsibility for themselves, then shares what they can. Trust me, it is possible to alienate the help available. - just a bit of advice...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KenW3 For This Useful Post:

Kay (15 January 2012)

Dormant Account
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rogsmith View Post
    Hello,
    So are there many other tools that would be useful to know about for a newbie,are they already listed on here and have i missed them(if so i apologise)
    I did a post a while back on 'my arsenal of tools' - may be of use?
    http://experienced-people.net/forums...senal-of-tools

6. The Following User Says Thank You to golles For This Useful Post:

Slowdive (24 January 2012)

Thanks
    Dropbox - I put everything in dropbox. From copies of all my page content to passwords in case I am ever away from my computers and *must* make an update.

Google Analytics - This is a very powerful and free stats program. Unless you're a pro you will never use all the available features.

Visual Website Optimizer - They have a free version that will get you at least one and maybe two split tests per month. You *are* split testing, right?

Xenu Link Sleuth - This is good for finding broken links, images etc... It will also create a basic HTML site map. For SEO purposes it is OK, but I much prefer OptiSpider

OptiSpider - Probably the best (free) SEO tool that I use. You can easily see how the search engines can traverse your site, find out how many internal links are pointing to each page - and where those links are coming from.

Rank Checker - This is from SEObook.com - it's a good, free, bulk rank checker. It often gets the ranking wrong (under reporting) so always hand check your best keywords if they seem to be making no movement according to this program.

Web Developer Plugin for Firefox - Being able to turn off JavaScript with the click of a button is great. Same for CSS and images.

W3 Semantic Extractor - a quick glance to see how a search bot may initially view your site --> w3.org/2003/12/semantic-extractor.html

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chicago For This Useful Post:

Clinton (19 January 2012), crabfoot (19 January 2012), Kay (25 January 2012)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Evernote - "Evernote allows users to capture, organize, and find information across multiple platforms. Users can take notes, clip webpages, snap photos using their mobile phones, create to-dos, and record audio. All data is synchronized with the Evernote web service and made available to clients on Windows, Mac, Web, and mobile devices. Additionally, the Evernote web service performs image recognition on all incoming notes, making printed or handwritten text found within images searchable."

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    I'm a member of flipfilter. The searching & display capabilities are excellent. There are many criterea choices to choose from as well. The only negative that I've found (and this isn't a negative towards flipfilter) is that almost all of the sites are being sold by Flippa. But I would definitely recommend signing up for at least a month. I think it was only $14 for a month. That will give you enough time to evaluate the benefits.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Denny For This Useful Post:

flipfilter (24 February 2012)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    It can also be worth following a few well know bloggers, not too many else thats all you'll end up doing i'd recommend Pat Flynn, Corbett Barr and Jo Archibald

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trevorjc For This Useful Post:

Slowdive (24 January 2012)

Dormant Account
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by golles View Post
    I did a post a while back on 'my arsenal of tools' - may be of use?
    http://experienced-people.net/forums...senal-of-tools
    You should actually blog that post it is time and time again hugely useful,

Dormant Account
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowdive View Post
    You should actually blog that post it is time and time again hugely useful,
    just blogged. glad you find it useful. i just changed PC and found myself referring back to it too, for a to-do list of apps to install. :-)

Administrator Clinton is a Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Article with links to lots of good tools: How To Build Your Startup Without Learning Code.

Simulate your vision with visual tools
    Recommended tools: Powerpoint, Balsamiq, iMovie.

Create a prototype using widget-based website creators
    Recommended tools: Weebly, Wix, WordPress, Google Analytics, Qualtrics.

Brand your vision
    Recommended tools: CrowdSpring, 99designs, LaunchRock, Facebook, Twitter.

Enjoy your launchpad and raise money
    Recommended tools: Kickstarter, AngelList
    Find the right business brokers to maximise the value you extract from your business and improve the chances of selling your business.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Clinton For This Useful Post:

golles (24 February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread